Get me to go for a run...

Options
I haven't ran in a really long time and I should be running right now. I'm currently sitting in my bed. Get me to go for a run! :(

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You can sit there in bed like a loaf at 4:30pm on a Monday afternoon, or you can choose to not be a loaf, and go do something.

Your choice, but I've found that being a loaf is pretty terrible considering how awesome not being a loaf is starting to become.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you can't or won't do it for yourself when you know you should and can, what makes you think someone else can motivate you to do it?

Either do it or don't. It's your life, not ours.
  • KatyTheKitty1
    KatyTheKitty1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Run* Excuse me for making a typo? Okay.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I haven't ran in a really long time and I should be running right now. I'm currently sitting in my bed. Get me to go for a run! :(

Why should you be running?

If you need extra motivation, why not sign up for a race?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    you do realize that nobody but you is going to be able to get you moving right? i'm not sure what you're exactly expecting here.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Ultimately you have to wnat to do it for yourself.

It will burn calories.
    It will imrpove your fitness.
    It will get you close to goal.
    You will feel better about yourself for having just done it instead of fretting about it.

Do it dont do it its your choice. You could meet the most handsome man or you could get run over.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Run* Excuse me for making a typo? Okay.

Someone sounds quick on the defense!

Run if you want to, if you don't want to, don't. There's no reason to have to run
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Did you do it yet?
  • majorschmuck
    majorschmuck Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weakness is a choice, choose strength!
  • DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Download the app "Zombies, Run!" It makes running (or walking) fun. There is a whole support group there to encourage you to run, walk, or shamble away from the Zombies. It got me moving.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes Zombies Run is the funnest* running experience I've had.

But if you always dread running, find a different form of exercise. Don't make yourself miserable over it.

*English is my first language too.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Get your butt up out of bed and put on your running gear!

I find once I've done that bit I just get on with it. You have to toughen up on yourself a little. Be your own personal trainer in a way.
    Setting goals is a great way to stay motivated as well. Set the goals to stretch yourself a little from the point your at fitness wise right now. So say add on an extra 5 minutes or add in fartlek training or hills. You can do it, you just have to push your self :)
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Do it u will feel so much better after!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Motivate yourself.
  • burnsjulia
    burnsjulia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is completely shallow, but it works for me sometimes. Set a goal and set your self a reward for achieving the goal and then stick to it win or lose. If you get out and run three times this week, buy a (fill in your blank).
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    So, did you go for that run?
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!

I had scheduled a run before work today but then I just didn't have the motivation to go.

I regret being a "loaf" (lol) because now it looks like rain for the rest of the day...
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I third Zombies Run, the first 3 seasons are free now and it's loads of fun!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    schedule and pay for a 5k in the next few weeks so you'll get motivated to train. YOU ARE Worth a good run!!! You will feel amazing and you deserve to feel amazing!
  • M_Jo
    M_Jo Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I tell myself I'm not allowed to decide whether I'm going to the gym or not until I put my gear on. If I get into 'character' and STILL don't want to go, then it might be time for a rest day. Chances are, you'll feel like running once you play the part.