Not losing weight.

Options
I have been following the program and inputting my meal information and I have not lost any weight. What is it that I'm doing wrong?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    weight loss requires a calorie deficit...fun weight loss requires a reasonable calorie deficit...

how long has it been since you started logging? how many calories are you logging? are you using a food scale? do you exercise? is it new exercise? what type? do you eat back the calories from exercise?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    How long have you given it? Do you weigh your food? Are you entering the right information? Have you started a new training program? Have you gained any weight?

All of these questions need to be answered to even remotely answer what you're doing wrong.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think or you're burning less calories than you think. Open your diary and we'll be able yo advise.
  • userfriendly2
    userfriendly2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey there, im Bobby :-) I read your post and as I am on a mission to try and help people reach there goals I couldn't pass without saying hi:)
    The first thing I will say is don't lose faith ever! I am a normal person with a normal job and a normal life, probably the very same as you - and I am on track to achieving my goals and you are on track too.. Just by being here.
    The thing to remember about losing weight is that it takes gruelling consistency. For some people its weeks and for others its months. It is not just a matter of calories in vs calories out!! There are many factors including levels of activity, metabolism and stress levels. The first thing I would advise is to try and stop worrying; rely on the fact that you will reach your goal eventually and you are not going to quit - There is no rush. This should take the stress away (hopefully) Secondly reduce your calorie intake by a healthy amount (300) of your total calorie amount to maintain your weight. For me I require 2800 kcals a day to maintain so If i wanted to drop 3 or 4 kilo I would reduce to 2500. After a few weeks though 2500 would become my new maintenance and I may have to drop to 2200kcals or so.. Just keep that in mind that your body changes and adapts. I hope this helps and if there is anything more specific you want to know then please ask :)
    Good luck mate
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging? How long has it been since you've lost weight? Are you weighing your food on a food scale?
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    why do so many of these first time posters ask for help and after people take the time to respond, they are never heard from again. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, it's only been 6 hours, but this is why I have stopped responding to things like this. It's too maddening.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    why do so many of these first time posters ask for help and after people take the time to respond, they are never heard from again. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, it's only been 6 hours, but this is why I have stopped responding to things like this. It's too maddening.

Eh, 6 hours. If he posted before he went in for a work shift or something, makes sense.
  • IsraelMora
    IsraelMora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank Bobby.

Nonkyou. I have been logging for two months
    And according to the program technically I am supposed to lose a pound and a half per week with little exercise but I am not I am staying within my meal intake according to this program.

I exercised twice in a week for one hour I used to exercise four times a week but since got a new job that requires a lot of driving I had to cut back on the exercise.

I used to have the cross fitness trainer for three years and left me with a great exercise foundation but I'm feel that the more I work out And gained muscle my weight goes up my body fat has definitely gone up from 18% to (with new job 25%) an I know it's mostly do to the long hour of driving.

I know by going back to my exercise routine with more days everything will be brought back to normal. My real complaint is that I got on this program to accommodate the changes that my new job brought according to the program if I follow it I would lose one and a half pounds per week with limited exercise but it's not happening.
  • matolife10
    matolife10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    don't listen to program.. everyone is different if you ate now 2300kcal and not lost 0.5-1kg in week lower daily intake to 2200. if you see no results lower it again until you do.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    4xojlz8qn02e.jpg
    wl5.jpg 245.9K
  • IsraelMora
    IsraelMora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how Weighning (scale) my food would have an impact on my weight-loss can you educate me on this subject.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Because you're likely eating more calories than you think. Your idea of a serving size is likely far greater than the actual serving size. By weighing your food with a scale, you can see exactly how many calories you are consuming rather than just eyeballing it.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    IsraelMora wrote: »
    I don't understand how Weighning (scale) my food would have an impact on my weight-loss can you educate me on this subject.

Unless you are weighing your food, you truly don't know how many calories you are eating, so it adds one more element of guesswork to this process. After all, it's all about maintaining a deficit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IsraelMora wrote: »

How much of an avocado is a half a cup of avocado? What about cereals? Do you need to pack them losely or stomp them into the cup, and what if the cereals are smaller (the small bits at the bottom of a pack)? The smaller the pieces of the same item, the more you can pack into a cup
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Eat less, train more

count more accurate

Ie count EVERYTHING in grams what ever system you use

No 1 spoon or half cup

i can fit 500g into a half cup of avocado, maybe more if i pack it in and mountain it up

But your only cheating yourself