help!!

Options
I really need help and motivation on this journey I'm going to take I currently weight 199.2 pounds I want to lose at least 70 pounds ! How many times a week should I work out , what type of workouts should I do! How do I lost stomach fat and arm fat?? I've always been at 137 pounds until I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 2 going on 3 and after being on birth control !

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi, try not to complicate things too much. Start off with the goal of just getting your calories in to a deficit every day. That is all you need to do to lose weight.
    Then look to improve your fitness to help with fat loss and allow you a few more calories.
    You can't lose fat from where you want to you can only reduce your total body fat which will come off any where it likes. Lifting weights can help you maintain your lean muscle mass, there are some good links on here to get you started. I'll find you one.
    My favourite cardio many moons ago when my kids were small was to run with the buggy. Or power walk up hills pushing them.

Good luck with your goal, I'm sure you will do well :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308750/so-you-want-to-start-lifting-great/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • nkstone15
    nkstone15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I feel your pain!! My little boy is two and a half and I am still trying to shift the baby weight. I have managed to lose 56lbs so far - still another 25lb to go! I would say with regards to working out doing something is better than nothing. So see what you can fit in to your life. When I first started out I just stuck to walking -I would strap my little boy in his stroller and push him for about 2 to 3 miles most days. Now I am back at work so I don't have as much time - so I try to fit in exercise DVDs first thing in the morning and a few runs a week as well as getting out walking at the weekend. It has to be manageable with your schedule so see what you can realistically do now and aim to increase that a little bit every few weeks. Diet is your best friend if you want to lose the weight and the belly and arm fat. It may take a little while but it will be worth it in the end to feel healthy and fit. Best of Luck xx
  • NatrieseGetFit20
    NatrieseGetFit20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks you so much! And I think walking starting out would be best for me since my little girl is such a busy body then soon I could fit in a DVD work out maybe early morning like you , and congratulations on your accomplishment ! Wish you the best of luck as well .
  • NatrieseGetFit20
    NatrieseGetFit20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think that's my main problem I'm so busy worrying about certain areas of my body and I'm trying to over do things ! Thanks and yes I think it'll be good to start off worrying about calories and walking then work my way up