Subcutanious fat and genetic problem - Need your help

Options
Hi All, I need your help please,

18 months ago I was 134 kg, I started very strict and unhealthy diet (I hadn't enough knowledge before) and limited my daily caloric intake to 700 kcal with one cheat meal every week (around 1500 kcal).

Within 12 months I reduced my weight to 62 kgs (lost 72 kgs both LBM and muscle mass). Then I started to lift weights and increased my daily intake to 1500 kcal / day and my weight increased to 67 kgs. Although I did well building muscles and toned my upper body, my problem is my core, I look like wearing loose dress of thick skin. I really don't know if it is a layer of skin with fat stuck to it or what. I can feel hard and firm muscles below it even the six pack I can feel it. How can I get rid of it? should I continue dieting until I lose all of fat and then skin will return back to stick to muscles, or aim to bulk to increase muscle size and fill in the gap then go for cutting again? You can see pictures of my case.

BTW, I sent those pics to Lyle McDonald on his FB group and his answer was unclear and short:

"You have a huge genetic problem here: You're a man. Deal with it."

Does this mean there is no solution? The future seems very dark to me.

I appreciate your precious help.

My stats:
Current weight: 66 kg
Height: 170cm
Macro split: 50%C, 30%P, 20%F

2o3dqnerb0rn.jpg
509m3qjzj1kp.jpg

v3c4dty3dx0j.jpg

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Looks like excess skin with some body fat so you could cut a little more whilst continuing to lift heavy then move into a recomp or go straight to a recomp (eating at or close to maintenance and progressive resistance programme)

give it 2 years the skin might tighten up over time

you may be left with some excess skin though - this is the genetic part

Looks to me like you will probably be fine
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Excellent job on the weight loss! I know it's frustrating but the future shouldn't seem dark. You look outstanding!

As for the skin, it could be a lot worse than it is. I have loose skin everywhere but my forearms and calves.

It might shrink on its own in a couple years. If it hasn't by then, then it probably won't.
  • sticky130
    sticky130 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My opinion would be; and many others may say I'm wrong, is that as you've lost weight so quickly it's not really given time for your skin to keep up with it. You're still pinching fat around your middle as skin is paper thin and that's what's weighing it down. I personally think that by continuing to lift heavy and replace some of that muscle you have lost will give it some chance to fill out with muscle again and shrink back the skin a bit, which it may or may not do, only time will tell. Also having more muscle on board will increase you metabolism and help get rid of any excess fat but going through a bulking/cutting period will see this go back and forth. Good luck.
  • hanymamdouh
    hanymamdouh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks rabbitjb. Do you recommend certain workout program? some advised me to do SL 5x5 others insist I must do tons of cardio 6 day per week. My current workout plan is:

Sat: pecs, tri, abs
    Sun: Legs, abs
    Tues: Back, bi, forearms
    Wed: delts, abs

Example of pecs workout:
    classic push up: 3 x 8 (warming up)
    flat bench press: 4 x 8 (110 lb)
    inclined bench press: 4 x 8 (110 lb)
    diamond push up: 4 x 8
    dips: 4 x 8
    dumbbell flies: 4 x 15 (5kg dumbbell)
    dumbbell pull over : 4 x 15 (22 lb.)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Stronglifts would absolutely get my vote
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    sticky130 wrote: »
    My opinion would be; and many others may say I'm wrong, is that as you've lost weight so quickly it's not really given time for your skin to keep up with it. You're still pinching fat around your middle as skin is paper thin and that's what's weighing it down. I personally think that by continuing to lift heavy and replace some of that muscle you have lost will give it some chance to fill out with muscle again and shrink back the skin a bit, which it may or may not do, only time will tell. Also having more muscle on board will increase you metabolism and help get rid of any excess fat but going through a bulking/cutting period will see this go back and forth. Good luck.

there is nothing to disagree with in this - it's all spot on
  • sticky130
    sticky130 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'll second Stronglifts as well, but I'd skip so much cardio though but that's just me :)
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Nothing unusual there, and I don't think it looks anywhere near as bad as you think it does, just looks like a bit of loose skin. I don't know who Kyle Mcdonald is but the advice he gave you seems pretty bad, you certainly don't have a 'huge problem'.
  • hanymamdouh
    Options
    Thanks so much @sticky130. I will rise my daily intake a little bit and focus more on compound exercises to enhance core muscle mass as per your advice.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Just throwing in my 2-cents here. You DO NOT have a genetic problem (near as I can tell from your post and pics). I think this person you wrote to is being a jerk and suggesting that your genetic problem is being male.

I'll also second the heavy lifting. I'm not there yet but I've seen enough success stories to know!

Go to the first sticky and click on the thread "so you want a nice stomach"
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    If you don't see your skin elasticity compensate for the fat loss in a year, consult a plastic surgeon.

Get a different perspective. You may agree or not. Knowing your options is good.

Being happy in your own skin is important to you!
  • hanymamdouh
    Options

Just throwing in my 2-cents here. You DO NOT have a genetic problem (near as I can tell from your post and pics). I think this person you wrote to is being a jerk and suggesting that your genetic problem is being male.

I'll also second the heavy lifting. I'm not there yet but I've seen enough success stories to know!

Thanks so much @crazyjerseygirl for you kind and motivation. That jerk is famous nutritionist, but he is well known to be impolite with all people.

As all of you respective members advised, I will keep on working out and lifting heavy. I will not stress myself anymore, and as advised by @professionalHobbyist I will give it another year then decide if I need to visit surgeon or not.

BTW here is another pic of my back, few days before, I think my skin reacts very well in all areas except core.

oj6hbcdg6fdr.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Options

Thanks so much @crazyjerseygirl for you kind and motivation. That jerk is famous nutritionist, but he is well known to be impolite with all people.

As all of you respective members advised, I will keep on working out and lifting heavy. I will not stress myself anymore, and as advised by @professionalHobbyist I will give it another year then decide if I need to visit surgeon or not.

BTW here is another pic of my back, few days before, I think my skin reacts very well in all areas except core.

oj6hbcdg6fdr.jpg

Congratulations on your progress so far - I think that's a sensible approach
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Stronglifts would absolutely get my vote
    This
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options

Yeah, this was it. He's known for having a strange sense of humour.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Excess skin which may or may not bounce back. Great body by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKDteQ3FIQ
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

Yeah, this was it. He's known for having a strange sense of humour.

Where I'm from that's called being an a-hole