stressed out life

Options
My son is a teen with ADHD and stresses me sometimes to my end. Makes me not want to
Eat BUT also not motivated to workout like I usually am

Replies

• RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That sounds like it would be a challenge! Try reframing your workout as time for you - do something you enjoy and make it a priority to give yourself that gift of time. Exercise is provides a good stress outlet for you to cope better - maybe look at combining that with something social for extra support like a walk with friends or a regularly scheduled class.
  • Joracr
    Joracr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I can totally relate to this. All three of my kiddos are special needs. Once they are finally asleep I stress eat for hours. Ugh! Very tough pattern to change. Do you have any suggestions that have worked for you?
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My eldest (nearly 20) is autistic, I've come to the conclusion that I need to be fit and healthy to help me to help him (and the rest of my family). Good enough motivation, now I have more stamina and seem to cope better.
  • anthony5277
    anthony5277 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Between work not going good, stop smoking and lil family issues here and there. I'm stressed out of my mind, can't even get a good night sleep anymore..
  • RunningIsMyLife77
    RunningIsMyLife77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies. I'm so sorry to taken me so long to reply. I'm going to add you all. I'm new here and still learning this site
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Go for a walk, watch a film have a bath. Looking after yourself is an importnat part of things, also then you cna be at your best. Of it gets too much then do try an chat with people plus take one step back and just focus on getting through the next few hours instead of worrying what will happen tomorrow.

Exercise definitely destresses me.

Do you have some sort of grp forums you cna talk to for parents with adhd kids?