Powerplate

Options
helse
helse Posts: 35 Member
Hi
Does anyone know if a Powerplate is recognised as burning any calories?
Thanks

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its very difficult to estimate and theres not much research. Ive seen estimates at 50cals per hour plus whatever exercise you are doing. Id treat it more like lifting and ignore the calorie burn or just use the equivalent calisthenics. I did look at a few articles but soem I didnt believe and others are just vague.
  • helse
    helse Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I thought as much. I have one at home but I will look on it as a toning if any benefit at all.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If in doubt be conservative so you avoid eating calories you havent bruned and diminishing your deficit. I have read several artileces on pwerplates and am open minded, bit ignoring the ones which are just marketing pitch, then it really depends on what you are doing. Id look at your results, but it doesnt raise your hr massively by itself. It doesnt claim to either. Of you just google power plates and calories burned, then youll see its all pretty vague hence i didnt bother to link you.

If you feel it makeas a difference keep on using it. I use them at the gym but more as my cool down which I believe has helped me avoid injury. Try it be consistent and record your progress, take pictures and measurements then you cna make your mind up over 2-3 months imo.