im new to fittness pal

Options
Hi everyone does does really work my doctor told me to get this app to help lose the weight and also referred me to the beep program through nhs

Replies

• sc692374
    sc692374 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. The app can help you tremendously to lose weight but as good as it is, it isn't a magic solution. You will have to work hard at logging your food and fighting whatever habits or issues you may have that have led to your weight gain. That said, there are many great people on here who will help to keep you motivated and on track. We're all at different stages and have varying amounts to lose or gain but we're all in the same boat ultimately - we're here to get healthy and support each other. I wish you all the best! Sue
  • jaykel2013
    jaykel2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comment I need the will power to succeed to my weight goal
  • sc692374
    sc692374 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You have the will power - we're here for you. Feel free to add me if you need encouragement or a friendly shoulder. You can do it!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If you diligently log all food (and exercise if applicable) while remaining below your calorie goal YES... MFP definitely works! If you also surround yourself with like-friends... members that are (a) supportive and (b) have similar goals, it'll make the process much easier. Best wishes, you can do it!