No time

Options
I'm working 2 jobs through the summer and barely have any time to log on to log my food, let alone actually eat food for the log. I guess that's one way to lose weight, but not a healthy one. The only foods readily available for me are fast foods that are so horrible to eat. It's just for 7 more weeks but still... I get up at 4 a.m. to start my first job and then have about 2 hours (on a good day) to nap or do whatever else needs to be done around the house (but mostly nap) before my second job. Then I don't get home until around 9:00 p.m. My choices always seem to be between adequate nutrition or adequate sleep. I think this 7 weeks might just drive me crazy.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    prep your food one day. I used to do all my food for the week on Sunday. Then it is all just grab and go.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a tough time. Can you use a microwave at work? You can stock up on some frozen meals for when you don't have time to cook. Stock up on fresh fruits. Get a crock pot if you don't have one and you can crock pot up several meals in advance which you can then portion out and just grab and go. On your day off make a big pot of soup and portion it out to grab on the go.

Fast food does not have to be bad, you just need to take some tome to study the available menus and make choices that fit your calorie goals. Having it in your meal plan is fine as long as it isn't the only thing in your meal plan.
  • CamiShevlin
    CamiShevlin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you for the advice. I do have a crock pot I just don't have many recipes for one. I will look into that.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Having a food prep day is a good idea, also a crock pot