Basics aren't always BAD

Options
I'm a middle-age woman looking to get back to the basics. I use to have a very active lifestyle which included running, jogging, skating, cycling, and playing any outdoor game there was. Basically, I grew older and allowed life distractions to get me to this point where I'm overweight and happy. I said it, overweight and "happy". Fortunately, I didn't allow my weight to make me unhappy. Neither did I allow things in life to make me unhappy whereas I turned to food. I simply decreased my play-time.

Fast-forward to now - I am ready to go outside and play. Volleyball, basketball, tennis...you name it. Roller skating, hiking, biking, I'm with it! These are all the things in our youth we did naturally and it helped maintain healthy weights and lifestyles. Ditching the gym, there's so much you can do without it. I'm having an affair, with my new pleasure "Zumba"! Can you say dance, dance, dance.

A co-worker shared this site. I think I'm going to enjoy it because it's a forum where we all have a common goal and struggle. I love to share. So, I'll share ideas, recipes, and any knowledge to help us get "there" (our goal).

My name is Taretta, and I'm a conqueror.

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Love the attitude!!!
    Believe in yourself and the lifestyle. Not a diet
    You can and will succeed
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,431 Member
    Options
    Wow, agree, LOVE the attitude! You are so gonna rock this site and change your body. Wish you lived by me so we could play together (and I'm married with 2 kids so don't be thinking bad things!). Good luck Taretta!
  • Taretta
    Taretta Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm laughing out loud at the (so don't be thinking bad things)!!!!!!! I see now this is going to be fun. Let the playtime begin. Good night all!