Brand new and shy?

Options
Hey guys.
Im brand new to this App. Was told it would help in my weightloss journey. I suffer depression and anxiety and apparently having control over your weight can help with that? Anybody on the same path that could give me a few tips?

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wouldn't say "control over your weight" is the key. A balanced nutrition and daily exercise is more like it. Control over your weight will come as a side effect of those 2 things. And yes, all of that will help make it easier to control your anxiety. Regular exercise will help give an outlet to your frustration and stress. You'll be more clear headed to reflect on your problems and more likely to solve them in a positive way.
    I log everyday. Feel free to add me :)
  • XxStrengthInNumbersxX
    XxStrengthInNumbersxX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)
    Exercise and weight loss can be great for depression and anxiety as they can really build confidence. Also the release of endorphins and that awesome feeling you get after a work out does a lot to fight depression. I've had depression for 10 years and have recently recovered with the help of treatment and exercise :)
    Remember to stay healthy, eating disorders can often co occur with depression and anxiety and that's a really nasty combo.
    Good luck with everything!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Tip #1: Change the "a" in your username to "i"
    Tip #2: Surround yourself with positive MFP friends with similar goals

Best wishes... you CAN do this. Just take one step at a time!
  • lili89
    lili89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I suffer with anxiety and depression currently waiting to get assessed as I'm suspected bipolar!
    Exercising and losing weight drastically improved my mood and makes me more positive!
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have a professional suit-tie job and would get depressed and have very low self esteem & body image issues every morning getting ready for work and wearing ill-fitting clothes. Nothing like having your neck fat rollover your shirt collar or having to unbutton your pants after lunch. Really affected my confidence.

I made exercise a priority and daily routine and lost weight to reach my goal over 6/7 months. Feel so much better mentally. On days I miss my workout I feel "fatter" and not the same.
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me