Stuffed Shells

Options
go4me1
go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
im making stuffed shells from a box with my coach (she gets me out 4 days a week) and so I was wondering if that was ok?? I looked up on mfp and some were 380 calories. I'm planning on having one.

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's fine as long as it fits in your calorie goals. Pair it with a green salad to balance your meal it out.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Oh and if it's a boxed meal...scan the barcode for the actual calorie count. If it not in there add it to MFP manually. Honest logging is critical.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Don't just go with random entries on MFP. If you are making them from a box there should be calorie information on the box, plus whatever you add.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You'll need to add the recipe in yourself to see what the calorie count comes to...the ones in the database could have a different type of pasta, different cheese, different sauces (types and quantities). And if it fits into your calories and macros for the day, then go for it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome stuffed shell with meat sauce and it's 360 calories for 3 shells. Tiny tweaks can make your "normal" recipe lower in calories (subbing part skim ricotta and mozz, etc).
  • kaassiia
    kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Stuffed shells are my favorite!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's definitely okay if you are still in a calorie deficit. The calorie count of the finished product will vary by what you choose to stuff/top it with. Best to add all the ingredients separately to get a more accurate count.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Of course you can have them! I'd weigh everything separately and add it into the recipe builder. It can seem tedious at first but it really helps me be accurate.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Of course it's ok if you make it fit into your day. Enjoy!
  • go4me1
    go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! I was under my count.
  • vgrezzy
    vgrezzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    do it! definitely still eat the foods you enjoy, even if over your calorie goal, just not ALL the time
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    go4me1 wrote: »
    I did it!!! I was under my count.

Nice! :)
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    9y62o5rhvt5l.jpg

I've made these Pumpkin-Ricotta Stuffed Shells and they're pretty delicious. Here's the stats. They're really not too bad, about a 110 cals each.