Low calorie breakfast and lunch ideas for cheap?

Options
DeannaCoersCarter
DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
I was looking for some low calorie, cheap breakfast and lunch ideas to keep me on track. This morning I ate turkey bacon, a slice of bread, a protein bar, and a pastry crisp and I'm still hungry. Any help would be great!

Replies

• 1994banana
    1994banana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I generally have a bowl of ready break porridge with a bit of honey to give it some flavour.. With the honey its about 140 calories and keeps me full til lunch
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Www.budgetbytes.com
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I like to see what other people eat to get me some ideas.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    I love the Brussels sprouts/bacon frittata from www.slenderkitchen.com - I swap the Brussels for cabbage (cheaper) and I have four servings for easy warm up breakfasts.
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    Options
    That sounds really great! Thank you for the ideas and the website. I'll really start looking there for some ideas. I already see some that I want to make.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    The best is www.skinnytaste.com. Amazing food and photography.
  • m4n1x
    m4n1x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you get paid to mention all these sites? lol
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    A peanut butter and banana sandwich is quick, easy and cheap. It gives you fat, protein, potassium, fiber for about 250 calories. I don't know if you consider that low calorie or not.
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Porridge. I like it as it keeps me full for a long time.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Fridge porridge and mug o eggs with laughing cow cheese and cubed ham are pretty much go to breakfasts for me. But keep me full and are easy- the fridge porridge is rolled oats, chia, almond milk, fruit and some sweetener of some sort. Mug o' eggs is an egg, tbs milk, 1 wedge laughing cow cheese and ham. Nuked in the microwave. Not as good as traditional scrambled eggs but way faster.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    m4n1x wrote: »
    Do you get paid to mention all these sites? lol

I wish! My downfall with losing weight when I was in my teens is that I never really cooked. I'd eat an item here and there, but had no idea how to combine food to create a filling, tasty, and substantial meal. Since I had my daughter (8 years ago), I've really looked into how to set myself up for success. Part of that is having easy meals that I can prep or cook ahead of time, and most of the websites I mention are consistently offering them.

I'm not a "piece of chicken, side of broccoli" kind of person. I'd rather have a complete dish like a stew, chili, frittata, enchilada, etc. It may be easier when starting out to see recipes that have healthy options that resemble meals that some people are used to eating.
  • Ceekat
    Ceekat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make a couple of easy, make ahead breakfasts that I can pop in the microwave and warm up. One I call Italian egg cup. Put 2 tbsp of tomato sauce in a small ramekin, drop in an egg, season with Italian seasonings, then top with 1tsp of Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 until egg is cooked, about 30 mins. The second, eggs in a ham cup, is along the same lines. I spray a muffin pan with Pam, lay 2 pieces of Black Forest ham crossways, then drop in an egg, season to taste, add 1tsp of preferred cheese and bake at 350 for approx 30 mins. The ham forms a cup and the whole thing will lift out once cool (without a muffin cup in it). I am on a low carb diet so these work great for me.
    Italian eggs--146 cals---10.6g Protein, ---7.2g Fat, ---7.6g Carbs
    Eggs in Ham Cup--105 cals---11g Protein, ---6g Fat, ---1.4g Carbs
  • Ceekat
    Ceekat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Queenmunchy, thanks for those sites! I love finding new recipes!
  • hvjc
    hvjc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with melted cheddar and a bit of hot sauce is very very filling and not too high in calories. Add some fruit or veg on the side.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Cinnamon Crumble and Dannon Fit & Light yogurt are my favorite, makes a nice parfait and you can add some fresh berries in between in you like (dump it all together if you are really in a hurry:). Southwestern Egg Beaters and a toasted whole wheat light english muffin (can add lowfat cheese if you want). I also like steel cut oatmeal by Quaker Oats.
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    18 eggs
    1/2 cup onion
    1/2 cup green pepper
    1 cup crumbled bacon
    6 oz shredded cheese (I use Kraft Mexican four cheese)
    2 tbsp milk (2%)
    salt & pepper

mix together, place in muffin cups--makes 24

oven at 400 degrees, bake in muffin cups for about 15 min, just insert toothpick and when it comes out clean they are finished. My "muffins" are 100 cal each
  • handschuhsheimwg23
    handschuhsheimwg23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Two slices of brown toast with jam. A bowl of milk and rolled oats. Keeps me going for 3-4 hours. Eat an apple if you feel hungry. ;)

Lunch: Salad, a slice of meat- preferably chicken. And some boiled vegetables. Enough for 4-5 hours.

Drink a glass of water before your meal. Drink some tea if you feel hungry.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my favorite breakfast, either hard boiled or if i'm pressed on time, I'll throw them in the microwave. Actually pretty good