First day at myfitnesspal - New mom over 40!

Options
Hi... I'm Lolly. A friend recommended this site and I hope using it will help me reach my goal weight.

I am an avid exerciser and generally watch what i eat... BUT! I turned 42 in March, had my first baby last year and am staying home where I can sneak a snack all day long.

I hope by tracking my meals and snacks I can keep a handle on my calorie intake and maybe even shed a few pounds. I have a feeling I eat way more than I think now that I'm home all day...

If I can stay focused and be a little disciplined by keeping track of what I'm eating... MAYBE it will help!

Any other new moms over 40 out there?

Replies

• imlolly352
    imlolly352 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi... I'm Lolly. A friend recommended this site and I hope using it will help me reach my goal weight.

I am an avid exerciser and generally watch what i eat... BUT! I turned 42 in March, had my first baby last year and am staying home where I can sneak a snack all day long.

I hope by tracking my meals and snacks I can keep a handle on my calorie intake and maybe even shed a few pounds. I have a feeling I eat way more than I think now that I'm home all day...

If I can stay focused and be a little disciplined by keeping track of what I'm eating... MAYBE it will help!

Any other new moms over 40 out there?
  • mommywoods
    mommywoods Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey there I just started two weeks ago! I am 42 with three kids, 8,6 and 4. This site has been really helpful for me, I am down 5 already!! It is difficult being home all day, makes it easy to snack all day!!Drink lots of water and walk as much as you can and I am sure you will see results!! Good luck!
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    i will be 40 next month and have 4 kids. This site is extemely helpful because it is a constant reminder that those snacks are BAD and add up!

151375.png
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best site ever MFP. I :heart: this site and think you will too. Everyone is so friendly and nice here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful and easy to use. I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey and tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • 1234welsh
    1234welsh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too am an older mom. Just turned 43 and am looking for ladies in my same boat. I will try to add u as a friend. Also here is some info on me that I posted on other threads ..,,,,,Hi mommies. I'm a new mom of 4 month old boy. New to mfp too. I would like to lose 50... I still look pregers :-(. Need friends and advice. Like how do you find time and energy to work out?? I'm up most the night, then I work all day and when I come home I want to spend all my time w the baby. I do take him for walks but weather here in OH is usually crappy so it's not a daily thing.