Why is one arm stronger than the other?

Options
Is that a reason why?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your dominant arm is usually stronger because you use it more. My trainer last year once mentioned that he usually sees lefties as being a bit more equal since they often have to do things right-handed than righties, who pretty much have the whole world built around their right handedness.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Giggidy...
    wBe4W.png
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    LOLOL!!! I feel like I am being baited into an untoward response!
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Giggidy...
    wBe4W.png

You beat me to it (pun intended :))

• tdefranca
    tdefranca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I am a lefty, and my arms are pretty even for strength - one of my arms is smarter than the other one with more fluid motion. The other one has to do more reps to understand what we're doing. >_<
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My right arm's definitely stronger than my arm because I'm right-handed. Also, I've got mild scoliosis, which means I've always sort of compensated by doing things on different sides of my body. For example, in order to minimize pain, I've always held kids on my right hip with my right arm. The downside is that there's a muscle imbalance now that I have to correct when I lift. I'm also consciously choosing to do things with my left arm/side that I wouldn't typically do before (and that doesn't really require the use of my dominant hand) in an effort to make that all stronger.