So I started loss my power at the gym

Now im on 1300 calories
My macros , 50 % protein, 25 % fat , 25 % carb

Is that okay or wrong? Help me plz

Replies

• alliecoppaxo
    alliecoppaxo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting too since I bulked up a lot but I'm even eating more than that and I'm already pretty tiny. I would increase your cardio if you aren't doing that much! If you're already tired from cutting carbs, cutting calories is going to wear you down even more. Believe me, I've tried it all and you'll probably just end up hangry/killing your metabolism. Also, increasing your fat isn't a bad thing either. If fats are your main source of energy, you will mobilize fats due to lack of carbohydrates, which are your first macromolecule to be used during cellular respiration and fats are much higher in energy than carbs:) obviously don't eat unhealthy fats but nuts and fish are filling, full of protein, and also a good source of healthy fats, in addition to avocado and moderate amounts of olive oil. (sorry for the nerdy answer, I'm a neuroscience/pre-med major) I just know from experience that eating a small amount is unsustainable after some time and it can become discouraging so I would be careful with how much you actually do cut from your calorie count. My app tells me 1200 net calories but I'm weary of it because I lift and do cardio for a long period of time every single day!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Why are your calories so low? That also seems like too much protein and not nearly enough carbs. Carbs fuel your workouts.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting too since I bulked up a lot but I'm even eating more than that and I'm already pretty tiny. I would increase your cardio if you aren't doing that much! If you're already tired from cutting carbs, cutting calories is going to wear you down even more. Believe me, I've tried it all and you'll probably just end up hangry/killing your metabolism. Also, increasing your fat isn't a bad thing either. If fats are your main source of energy, you will mobilize fats due to lack of carbohydrates, which are your first macromolecule to be used during cellular respiration and fats are much higher in energy than carbs:) obviously don't eat unhealthy fats but nuts and fish are filling, full of protein, and also a good source of healthy fats, in addition to avocado and moderate amounts of olive oil. (sorry for the nerdy answer, I'm a neuroscience/pre-med major) I just know from experience that eating a small amount is unsustainable after some time and it can become discouraging so I would be careful with how much you actually do cut from your calorie count. My app tells me 1200 net calories but I'm weary of it because I lift and do cardio for a long period of time every single day!

That advice is all over the map.
    OP, where did you get your calorie target? And 240g of protein, in 3 meals, on a 1300 calorie target is quite possibly overkill.
  • ah1d
    ah1d Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jumesnlmh14u.jpg
    This is my macros
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories. For your age you need to be eating more.
  • BuccaneersFan
    BuccaneersFan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    First thing, eating excessive amounts of protein is throwing money down the drain, doesn't matter if you're cutting or bulking. Second, the best way to determine how much protein you need is to first know your body fat percentage. I suggest using this http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ calculator to find out how many calories you need to eat to lose the fat you want. If you really only want to lose .5 kilo very slowly, 1,300 is way to aggressive and will definitely make you SUFFER in the gym. Without knowing your weight, I would think you need to be up around 1,600 to 1,700. One other approach you can use to help with energy in the gym is to eat a little more on your lifting days and a little less on your rest days.

Read this article: http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/gain-strength-while-cutting/
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree with calories being way too low. At 5"2 and 117, I burn 1350 at rest.

This site has calculators and helpful info for cutting/flexible dieting.

http://iifym.com/
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If you want to cut slowly and retain LBM, eating 1300/day is not going to achieve that goal. Please reference the above advice.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ah1d wrote: »
    Hey

I'm trying to cut my bodyfat
    There almost .5 kilo left to cut
    I wanna cut it slowly , i don't wanna lose muscle

All i was doing is eating high pro , low carb and fat
    70 % pro , 20 fat , 10 carb
    I ate a 3 big meals with 80 g of protein in each

So I started loss my power at the gym

Now im on 1300 calories
    My macros , 50 % protein, 25 % fat , 25 % carb

Is that okay or wrong? Help me plz

If the bolded is your goal, you're going at it entirely wrong.

1300 calories is far too low. Assuming your profile pic is real, as an active 18 YO male, you can likely eat almost twice that and slowly cut weight. Eating only 1300 will have the opposite effect of your stated goal.

You need nowhere near 219 grams of protein a day...take .7-.8 x your body weight (in pounds). That's a reasonable goal to shoot for.

You likely need more fat - something like 0.3-0.4 grams per pound of body weight.

Fill in the rest with carbs.
  • ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eating 80 grams of protein a meal is likely a waste. Your body can only absorb so much at a time.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You're 18 man... and you're trying to lose .5 kilos? as in 1.1 lbs? That is going to vary day to day with your water intake. Not sure how tall you are/body weight but if you're lifting and only eating 1300 calories I can guarantee you're eating away at muscle.