Yummy but healthy desert alternatives

Options
I recently found out I'm slightly lactose intolerant, so my go to dessert (frozen yogurt) is no longer an option. I can still eat chocolate-flavored food, but not straight chocolate. Any suggestions for a new healthy yet satisfying after dinner snack??? Thanks!

Replies

• jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    I MADE A PIE LAST NIGHT. It was filling enough to be a separate dinner of its own. Even if you advocate for real sugar, it's gonna be below 200 calories.

Here's my blog post:

Mini Oatmeal Berry Meringue Pie!

Edit: I’d use more sweetener than I used.

1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (or other fruit puree)
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 egg white
    Splenda to taste
    Raspberries and blueberries (I had 8 raspberries and 20 blueberries)

Mix the oats, 2 tbsp (half) of the applesauce, half the cinnamon and some splenda (I used 1 tsp) in a small bowl. Transfer to a grased ramekin and spread. Bake at 350 degrees for about ten minutes or until somewhat firm.
    Whip the egg white with the other half of the cinnamon and more splenda until it forms stiff peaks
    Top the oatmeal with the berries, then the rest of the applesauce, then the whipped egg white.
    Make the whole thing at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes or until sufficiently browned.

Viola! Gourmet pie.

Fun nutritional stuff:

150 calories/ 29g carbs/ 7g protein/ 1g fat/ 6g fiber. Yumm, eat up!
  • minnesotamama
    minnesotamama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A favorite in our house is a strawberry/banana smoothie. We use frozen strawberries (slightly thawed), 1 or 2 bananas, and coconut milk (Silk Vanilla Coconut Milk). Sometimes I add a scoop of all natural vanilla whey protein powder and it tastes super yummy!
  • peacelovelauren8101
    Options
    Mmmmmm this looks so good!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I like fresh strawberries with fat free cool whip but if too much can use sugarfree vanilla pudding
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Try Jello Mousse with the refrigerated jello. Tasty and about 60 cals.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    ProudMomoftwo Posts: 525
    Options
    Fruit smoothies are one of my fav sweet treats.
    A fresh apple and some natural peanut butter is my go-to snack just about everyday and satisfies the sweet and crunchies.
    When I want something chocolate-y that won't wreck my day, I go to the hot cocoa ( you can make it with milk or water or almond milk).
    :flowerforyou:
    Best of luck
  • purnurple
    purnurple Posts: 102
    Options
    sugar free jello!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    bump
  • peacelovelauren8101
    Options
    These all sound great and low in calories! thanks everyone, keep the comments coming!!
  • glowgirlie
    glowgirlie Posts: 7
    Options
    Blueberry banana smoothie

1 cup Frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    enough unsweetened vanilla almond milk to just cover the fruit in the blender. (I use Almond Breeze brand. Very low cal, and the vanilla makes it taste rich)

Blend to a sweet whippy perfection and enjoy through a straw. (Makes it seem more special :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Trailer Park Puddin' Pie

1 Small Box White Chocolate Jello Pudding (Fat / Sugar Free)
    1 Small Box Chocolate Fudge Jello Pudding (Fat / Sugar Free)
    2.5 Cups Silk Pure Almond Milk
    4 Reduced Fat Oreo Cookies

Make one box of pudding..let it set for a couple minutes
    Mix up the next box, pour it over the top of the first one. Let it set for a couple minutes
    Crumble the Cookies on top and let it set for 10 - 15 minutes.

I share this with my wife, so we each have half of it

1 Serving (Half)
    264 Calories
    48 Carbs
    10 Sugar
    4 Protein

Drop the Oreo's and it drops to
    164 Calories

Trailer Park Puddin' Pie....ask for it by name!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I MADE A PIE LAST NIGHT. It was filling enough to be a separate dinner of its own. Even if you advocate for real sugar, it's gonna be below 200 calories.

Here's my blog post:

Mini Oatmeal Berry Meringue Pie!

Edit: I’d use more sweetener than I used.

1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (or other fruit puree)
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 egg white
    Splenda to taste
    Raspberries and blueberries (I had 8 raspberries and 20 blueberries)

Mix the oats, 2 tbsp (half) of the applesauce, half the cinnamon and some splenda (I used 1 tsp) in a small bowl. Transfer to a grased ramekin and spread. Bake at 350 degrees for about ten minutes or until somewhat firm.
    Whip the egg white with the other half of the cinnamon and more splenda until it forms stiff peaks
    Top the oatmeal with the berries, then the rest of the applesauce, then the whipped egg white.
    Make the whole thing at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes or until sufficiently browned.

Viola! Gourmet pie.

Fun nutritional stuff:

150 calories/ 29g carbs/ 7g protein/ 1g fat/ 6g fiber. Yumm, eat up!

Gosh that sounds fabulous!! will have to try it
  • Missashley9
    Missashley9 Posts: 29
    Options
    I know there are some dairy-free puddings out there. I LOVE a fat free chocolate pudding cup w/ a chopped up banana. One of my faves. I also recently posted a recipe from the Hungry Girl, on Cooking Channel-- with one modification-- for chocolate cupcakes. Only 103 cals and 2 g fat per cupcake & super yummy and moist. When you see the recipe, you'll be like 'Whhhaaa?" But trust me, they are delish:
    1 package chocolate cake mix (I use Kroger brand devils food)
    1 15-oz can pumpkin (Puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
    1 snack cup fat free chocolate pudding (You can omit this step if you'd like)
    There are no eggs or oil in this recipe! Mix all ingredients. It will take a little elbow grease to get the pumpkin to moisten the cake mix. Once combined, place in cupcake/muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 20 mins. Should make 24 cupcakes.
    You can see the recipe labeled "Ashley's Chocolate Cupcake Brownies."
  • Missashley9
    Missashley9 Posts: 29
    Options
    I know there are some dairy-free puddings out there. I LOVE a fat free chocolate pudding cup w/ a chopped up banana. One of my faves. I also recently posted a recipe from the Hungry Girl, on Cooking Channel-- with one modification-- for chocolate cupcakes. Only 103 cals and 2 g fat per cupcake & super yummy and moist. When you see the recipe, you'll be like 'Whhhaaa?" But trust me, they are delish:
    1 package chocolate cake mix (I use Kroger brand devils food)
    1 15-oz can pumpkin (Puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
    1 snack cup fat free chocolate pudding (You can omit this step if you'd like)
    There are no eggs or oil in this recipe! Mix all ingredients. It will take a little elbow grease to get the pumpkin to moisten the cake mix. Once combined, place in cupcake/muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 20 mins. Should make 24 cupcakes.
    You can see the recipe labeled "Ashley's Chocolate Cupcake Brownies."
  • LeNorR
    LeNorR Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the following:
    Frozen berries (strawberries and blue berries work best)
    Almond milk (I too am lactose intolerant and this is the only "milk" I can drink)
    coffee mug

Put about a half a cup of berries in the mug.
    Pour milk over the berries just to the top of the berries
    Add sweetner (I use Truvia or Splenda) to taste
    Let this sit for a couple of minutes.

and ENJOY! It's a frozen fruit ice cream type dish. very healthy and very yummy. My grandkids LOVE it.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • peacelovelauren8101
    Options
    Sorry I'm kind of new to this site, what does bump mean?