Eating disorder

Options
Hi. I'm going to come out and say this- occasionally I struggle with binging and purging. I am obsessed with loosing weight and if I eat something I'm very guilty about, I have no hesitation throwing it back up. Sometimes when I'm home alone and feel bored I'll eat a *kitten* ton of food and throw it all up.
I don't think there's anything you guys can do.
Just wanted to get it off my chest.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Speak to a doctor
  • griersonwedding2015
    griersonwedding2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @victoriadamore when i first started i was so obsessed id eat then wonder if the calories were "worth" it and id spit it out... i overcame it bymyself but could have loved support. if you want some support contact me girl. i will be there

i just finished losing 73 lbs and am working on toning and maintaining my weight. my support through this whole 7 month journey has been crap! my friends and family werent vey supportive. i am not on here as much i log my cals then log off basically!! hahabut if you need support find me here:
    instagram : sweatingbeautyshay
    facebook: search Schaeffer Grierson
    blog: schaeffermgrierson.wordpress.com

i want to start having "online" "pen pals" connected through the fitness and health world! people i can talk to and possibly become long distance friends with through a healthy journey!!

i am not spam or trying to sell anything! hahah
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You're right- there's nothing that mfp can do :c You need professional help, you're worth the kind of care they can give you.
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am in the same exact spot from time to time. Hope you can find the balance ...and me too
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Eating disorders are very serious. I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but the thing is most people do not think about food that much. I highly recommend you find a therapist that specializes in eating disorders. A nutritionist too. You can overcome this but it takes work including understanding the causes. Good luck. Please search for help!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    talk to a dr and seek a support group. both should help you redefine your relationship with food. good luck
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sometimes finding the right people to help support you I have diagnosed with an eating disorder a couple months ago I know that it's hard and you feel I felt the same way add me I will be happy to support you I'm currently in recovery