New to myfitnesspal

Options
kgranter
kgranter Posts: 9 Member
Hi All,

My name is Katrina Granter and I am 33 years old. I have been overweight all my life - but after I got married in 1999 and quit smoking, I gained an absorbent amount of weight. My husband and I have always said "we'll lose start dieting tomorrow"...well, guess what - tomorrow never comes. We've made a decision about 45 days ago to do it TODAY, get healthy TODAY - doing it for ourselves and our 3 beautiful children (girl 7, boy 4, boy 14 months). To date, I've lost 22 lbs and 28" in 6 weeks!!! My husband has lost 29.4 lbs as well. We are so much happier, so much more energy - and our kids are noticing...we went out the other day to the grocery store, my daughter pipes up from the back seat and says..."HEY, you guys are both wearing jeans...I can't remember the last time that you wore jeans!!!" I tell you - you can't beat that feeling!!!!

I joined the group to both get support and give it to those who need it!!! Replies/comments/etc welcome!!!

Thanks!

Katrina Granter
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Replies

• Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    Congrats on your losses so far! And you're right, there's never a "tomorrow" when it comes to taking care of yourselves.

Feel free to add me if you'd like some weight loss buddies. Mine have been a huge help over the last few months. :happy:
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You will really enjoy this website. It has really opened my eyes as to how I spend my calories and how to make choices.
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congratulations on your weight loss so far!! It is wonderful that you and your husband can do this together. That gives you great support! Feel free to add me if looking for friends on here. Good luck with the rest of your journey!!
  • msderes
    msderes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    congrats! thats a great job! feel free to add me if you like, I am fairly new to MFP, alas not new to trying to lose weight. :)
    Martha
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss so far!! I've been on this site a week and I love it, it's so easy to use.