High-Protein Low-Fat Snacks?

Options
A lot of the time I've found myself very high on fat and low on protein during the day, but things like nuts and cheese also have a considerable amount of fat. What are some high-protein low-fat snacks for throughout the day??

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Lean meats; tuna, chicken, beef, pork, mince.

Beets, legumes etc
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Garbanzo beans, almonds (have fat but not too many carbs, high protein veggies like broccoli.
  • charlesmauch
    charlesmauch Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like to take a bunch of sliced turkey, spread some fat-free or low-fat cream cheese on it, and then wrap the "meat sandwich" around a dill pickle. I think it's yum.
  • brain328
    brain328 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like to try a little of my Herbalife protein drink mix mixed in with plain greek yogurt! Protein out the wazoo :)

I also like Quest Bars :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Dry roasted chickpeas, soy beans or edamame. High protein and fiber, almost no fat.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese 50 cals and 7 g protein.
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    if it's good fat replacing carbs, I wouldn't beat myself up too much over it. each day I have a serving of black olives, nuts, 1/3 avocado. it keeps my brain functioning when I'm trying to keep from munching junk. Jerky is an easy snack to carry around that has protein. if you can stomach it, canned fish. I know it's hard to make yourself try it, albacore tuna has 13 grams of protein, a smidgen of fat and low calories.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Are you going over your fat macros? Fat is important for your health.