Need to lose 100 lbs

Options
Need to lose about 100 lbs once and for all. I have developed bursitis, heel spurs on both feet, and now I'm pre-diabetic. I don't want to use this as a cruth, but for motivation. My biggest problem is controlling my eating. I have used this app for a long time, but i really want to take it seriously this time.

Replies

• TwylahOnTrack
    TwylahOnTrack Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you. I am only 5'3" and nearly 260 lbs...but my first goal is to get to 199 lbs and go from there. I have terrible acid reflux but no known other health issues...which is honestly because I've been avoiding going to a doctor. I just erased my old profile here and started fresh so hopefully I can stick to it too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for us both. I too really want to make a change...I want my life back.
  • consuelo17
    consuelo17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought about erasing this profile and start brand new since i didnt want to see the foods i eat the most over and over...lol, it sounds nutty, but oh well. I need to be stronger and get my life back too.
  • Chellemc2
    Chellemc2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. Started fresh today. Good luck ladies.
  • TwylahOnTrack
    TwylahOnTrack Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No I think it makes perfect sense! For me, seeing how long it's been since I tried, seeing how I've actually GAINED weight since I last used this...it was so discouraging and a negative reminder of past failures basically. It felt like a bad start. So starting fresh makes me feel like it's possible. But that's just me!
  • btodd304
    btodd304 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I too would love to lose at least a 100lbs. It is just so hard I don't even know where to start.
  • Tennikka
    Tennikka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to lose 100 lbs. I have been ip and down my whole life. Now i am ready to get bavk on track. The weight must come off! Looking for some encouragement and some accountability with the help of like minds who is ready to make it happen! Feel free to friend me! Go....
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Started back again today too. I lost 135 about 3 years ago and gained back 30 during the last year of grad school. Here I am to lose the re-gain and the rest of the weight I didnt lose from before. If I can lose 100 this time it would finally put me at goal! feel free to friend me :)
  • madhatter1985
    madhatter1985 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I need to lose at least 150 lbs! So happy to find a group or people that need to lose a lot. I honestly don't mean this nasty or mean but so tired of being around those who say I need to lose 10 lbs! I know 10 lbs for someone close to ideal weight is a lot harder than someone like me but....argh Try looking down the barrel of 15 times that! We should keep this going as motivation for each other!!!
  • consuelo17
    consuelo17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sometimes is nice to know you are not alone, that others know and feel what you are going through. Send me a friend request if you like, and lets do it!
  • tricx21
    tricx21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started a fresh again two weeks ago, weighing 243 lbs so far I have lost 9lbs :-) I agree with madhatter1985 it's good to see a group for those who are wanting to loose a lot. Feel free to add me and let's keep each other motivated. I log everyday aswell.
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've done this before and MFP is always a major part of my journey. The last time I was using this site I lost 45 pounds. Yeah me! But then life happened and I let stress and depression win the battle. I put 30 of those pounds back on and I am NOT happy and just don't feel good. I'm back at it and more determined than ever.

The stress is not gone and won't be for some time BUT I am NOT letting have the control or power anymore.

I've got a total 80 pounds I'd like to lose from here. If you'd like some support, I will be on here daily. I promise to cheer on your victories and give you support when you need a kick in the behind. All I ask is that you provide the same....

Send me a friend request if interested.... and, good luck on your journey. Let's kick FATS butt!
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Curious to know the success rate of people who make goals that don't seem so daunting. Instead of saying 100 pounds...why not just 5 pounds and allow yourself to get comfortable with a plan that teaches you how to eat and how not to feel deprived? My next 5 pounds will help me get to the same weight as my husband the first time in 25 years. The next 5 pounds after that will have me weighing less than him. These mini steps make me feel like I'm always accomplishing something. I dont worry about how long it will take me as long as the weight goes down. Since February I've lost about 30 pounds...and have about 30 more to go _5 lbs at a time. This is after a lifetime of weight watchers and other program failed attempts and done in a nutritionally sound (low carb) way that my doctor suggested. Amen.
  • tricx21
    tricx21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it everyday, I go away in October and want to loose as much as possible but as long as I'm lossing even just 1lb p/w I know it's a step in the right direction.
  • cazvenger
    cazvenger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Started over about 2 weeks ago as well, adding all of you for motivation and support! :)
  • mamafenton
    mamafenton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm back after a long break too ! I need to loose 80lbs and today is my new start, lots of little health problems are adding up to one big daily misery, all of them will be helped by getting some of this weight off !
    Have not used the forums before but saw this thread and it feels right to join in, looking forward to our journey
    one step at a time
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    gerrielips wrote: »
    Curious to know the success rate of people who make goals that don't seem so daunting. Instead of saying 100 pounds...why not just 5 pounds and allow yourself to get comfortable with a plan that teaches you how to eat and how not to feel deprived? My next 5 pounds will help me get to the same weight as my husband the first time in 25 years. The next 5 pounds after that will have me weighing less than him. These mini steps make me feel like I'm always accomplishing something. I dont worry about how long it will take me as long as the weight goes down. Since February I've lost about 30 pounds...and have about 30 more to go _5 lbs at a time. This is after a lifetime of weight watchers and other program failed attempts and done in a nutritionally sound (low carb) way that my doctor suggested. Amen.
    Losing more than 100lb is a daunting task no matter how you look at it. And yes, we all have our ways to cope with that fact. You can approach the problem from either end. You can go 5lbs at a time but deep down know how many of small battles like that you'll have to win. You can set a bigger goal and celebrate smaller milestones as you go. Essentially these strategies are not very different.

I've started with near 150 to lose myself. Still got over a hundred to shed. It seems to be going fine so far. New friends always welcome!