Starting Over

Options
Hi All - I've decided now is the time for me to start over. About 3 years ago I lost a little more than 60 lbs and have since gained 40 back. I'm scared to death that I'm going to gain it all back. My issue is that I don't know know to say no to food and never can just eat a piece, or a bite, I have to over indulge. I try to be a "body positive" type person and truly am OK with who I am and what I look like. However, I feel pain, and discomfort and cannot handle it any longer. I want to lose enough weight so the knee pain will lessen, the back pain will lessen, and of course so that I can fit into more of the clothes that I love and are not in my size.

“So take a deep breath,
Pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again”
Frank Sinatra

I'm looking for Friends, followers, inspirers, anything you want to call it. Please add me as your friend if you are active on MFP and you too want to gain encouragement to help you along your journey.

Thanks!
Carrie

Replies

• Zollie3
    Zollie3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Carrie,
    I am with you today was my day to start over, to pick myself up after 17 years of Marriage my husband tells me he is going to move in with his little girlfriend you know I'm not mad at him because I knew he was doing doing he kept lying about it.
    Girl I'm going to pick myself up, Dust Myself Off, Lose Me some Weight this is my Start All over Again!
    We can encourage one another The Lord knows I need it right now add me as your friend also. Sisterhood. Smile we got this okay. Much love to you my sister.
  • KAWittler1970
    KAWittler1970 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know how u feel i lost 70 lbs and as of right now have gained 30 back. Cant seem to walk away from the foods that i know are bad for me. I want to pick myself up and start again just cant seem to find the motivation. Hope we can be freinds.
  • KeepRunning27
    KeepRunning27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm starting over too. Lost 26 lbs, pretty much gained it all back. We can do this!!!
  • carrie0210
    carrie0210 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Let's make some changes for the better!
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I lost almost 50 pounds 4 years ago. My son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and I lost it! I started eating everything in sight. I'm now 6 pounds away from where I was when I was 9 months pregnant with fourth kiddo. I struggle with binge eating.
  • carrie0210
    carrie0210 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Zollie3 wrote: »
    Hello Carrie,
    I am with you today was my day to start over, to pick myself up after 17 years of Marriage my husband tells me he is going to move in with his little girlfriend you know I'm not mad at him because I knew he was doing doing he kept lying about it.
    Girl I'm going to pick myself up, Dust Myself Off, Lose Me some Weight this is my Start All over Again!
    We can encourage one another The Lord knows I need it right now add me as your friend also. Sisterhood. Smile we got this okay. Much love to you my sister.

Girl, I'm so sorry! Life can be so harsh. Let's stick together and make things happen. I'm here for you.