Loosing belly fat

Options
i started on my journey just over 3 months ago when I weighed just over 15 1/2 stone now with healthy eating and training hard I'm down to 12 1/2 stone but I'm not seeing much loss on my belly fat. It's getting me down a bit because I've been working hard but I seem to not be able to shift my belly. I'm wondering if the more weight I lose the more I will see a diffrence in it. I know this is a silly question but like I said it's getting me down

Replies

• JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You will lose it a bit but if you want the truth, you will probably keep the stomach and end up skinny-fat at the end of your cut. I know that's not what you want to hear but that is how it goes for most guys I know. Happened to me, I was like 220lbs and really fat (especially gut, IT WAS HUGE!), I cut allllll the way down to 160lbs, was scrawny as hell but still had quite a bit of a belly.

My advice is lift, don't get your expectations up too high and prepare to hit a bulk to get some muscle on your frame. Mind you, you might lose your gut in the next stone there's absolutely no way of telling where your body will decide to genetically store your fat, unfortunately there's not way of changing it either.

True words here bro and it got me down for a lonnnnng time aswell. Just keep pumping that iron.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't choose where your body loses fat. But if you keep going it will be from there at some point.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing, it will come.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I had a huge gut for years. I went on a mission here and using calorie deficit with exercise I dropped 50 pounds. It wasn't til the last 10 pounds that the gut disappeared. I gained 20 pounds back and the belly is back. Going back to basics to get back in form now. Belly is last to go and first to come back, I am living proof.
  • krystinakicksit
    krystinakicksit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you've had stomach fat for a long time it will most of the time be the last or the lowest to go. the first time i lost weight, i lost from the outside in. So my face was thinner, then my shoulders and neck, my bust. My calves were toned, my thighs thinner, and my butt gained muscle. My stomach was my worry spot and over a year it was the slowest to go down. It's different for everyone but don't give up! :)
  • rusty_bull
    rusty_bull Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replys :smile: just going to continue to work hard stay positive and hopefully results will come