Bad start!

Options
second day in & I had a McD's for lunch

Replies

• bellcait
    bellcait Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Everyone slips! Don't beat yourself up over it. Fresh start tomorrow.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that if it fits into your calories and satisfies you. I regularly (once a week or so, but it's cut down to where I think I've had it twice since mid-April) eat fast food. The difference now is I usually go for smaller sandwiches, no mayo, and no fries.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why that's such a horrible thing. There plenty of good choices at McD's. Add it to your log and move on.
  • KarenPulman05
    KarenPulman05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yea I had McChicken sandwich to try to balance the calories & have only gone over slightly!
  • KarenPulman05
    Options
    I've logged it all. No secrets!
  • alexanderjvirdi
    alexanderjvirdi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lol well one won't hurt , did you work out after work ?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

You shouldn't use exercise as "punishment"!

OP - there are no good and bad foods. You eat what you like as long as it fits your goals. Sure, for good health you need to eat nutritious food most of the time, but the odd bit of mc D's isn't going to kill you....there is more to good health than just what you eat.
  • alexanderjvirdi
    alexanderjvirdi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No pain no gain eat what you like but exercise as well .
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

You shouldn't use exercise as "punishment"!

OP - there are no good and bad foods. You eat what you like as long as it fits your goals. Sure, for good health you need to eat nutritious food most of the time, but the odd bit of mc D's isn't going to kill you....there is more to good health than just what you eat.

I don't use exercise as punishment...I use it as a way to be able to eat more food.

I semi-regularly go to McDs. As an above poster said I avoid mayo and if I get fries I get small ones and usually do not eat them. Sometimes I get a quarter pounder (minus cheese as McDs cheese is so not worth it) and sometimes I get a regular hamburger depending on the day.

This is not a fail. Esp if you stay within your goals.

• KeepRunning27
    KeepRunning27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just make the right choice next time! :)
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Don't even wait til tomorrow to restart!! Just make a better choice the next time around. Log that Mcd's...and maybe do some research on low calorie options for the next time your faced with that place for lunch...you'll do better. It's all trial and error. Life it girl!! You've got this.... stay focused on the long term goals!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    jos05 wrote: »
    Don't even wait til tomorrow to restart!! Just make a better choice the next time around. Log that Mcd's...and maybe do some research on low calorie options for the next time your faced with that place for lunch...you'll do better. It's all trial and error. Life it girl!! You've got this.... stay focused on the long term goals!!!

A McChicken is actually one of the lower calorie options at 360 (I think) calories
  • Wanion
    Wanion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! I will often do Wendy's for lunch - Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe combo, small chili instead of fries, diet drink - 530 calories, and I felt like I had a lunch and don't come home starving. Also easy on the wallet, as this is under $5. I'm with the other posters - as long as you log it and it fits in your daily goal, no reason to worry. :smiley:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Everyone slips! Don't beat yourself up over it. Fresh start tomorrow.

Why would having McDonalds be considered a "slip" in your book? There's nothing wrong with McDonalds, or any other fast food.

Op, no worries, it's just food. It's not a bad start, or even a bad choice, carry on, and eat McDonalds.

Rigger

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with McDonalds.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I frequently have fast food. Hasn't stopped me from losing 61 lbs.

Moderation + Sticking to calorie goal + balanced diet = win
  • KarenPulman05
    Options
    Thanks guys! Appreciate all of your opinions!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    So? You do what you have to do, do you know how many times the only thing that i could grab in the run for lunch was a mcchicken (no mayo My preference)? Manyyy and that hasn't stop my weight loss, of course those days are My exception and not what i normaly eat but they happen , so you just log it and mover on

Good luck ;)
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wanion wrote: »
    Don't feel bad! I will often do Wendy's for lunch - Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe combo, small chili instead of fries, diet drink - 530 calories, and I felt like I had a lunch and don't come home starving. Also easy on the wallet, as this is under $5. I'm with the other posters - as long as you log it and it fits in your daily goal, no reason to worry. :smiley:

Aaand now I'm hungry. Love me some Wendy's.

OP don't beat yourself up, like what everyone else said, sometimes you slip but as long as you can fit this into your calories I wouldn't stress about it. I love fast food and I can't see myself giving it up the rest of my life. Last night I had Chipotle. Should I have gotten both cheese and sour cream? No. But I did. And it was damn good.