What would be good daily exercise to burn 200-300 calories?

Options
kuutio
kuutio Posts: 19 Member
Im a begginer in exercise, so nothing too wild please.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Walk, run, swim
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It's not hard for most people to burn 200-300 in 30-60 min of exercise, but it will vary based on size and fitness level. Swimming, biking, running, walking, hiking, dancing, workout DVDs, spinning, whatever you enjoy. You'll be more likely to stick with it if you enjoy it.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's not hard for most people to burn 200-300 in 30-60 min of exercise, but it will vary based on size and fitness level. Swimming, biking, running, walking, hiking, dancing, workout DVDs, spinning, whatever you enjoy. You'll be more likely to stick with it if you enjoy it.
    +1
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    walking... IF you are looking for some guidance.. and an achievable goal search C25K... it will help get you moving.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I walked for 34 minutes on my lunch break at a pace of 3.1 mph (19.5 minutes per mile, NOT fast at all) and burned 231 calories. Walking is a phenomenal gateway to exercise. I bike, run, swim. But I started with walking. Don't believe people when they say it doesn't help to lose weight because ANYTHING that gets you moving is going to help. Walking is easy on the joints, is easy on the mind, and can be done anywhere. The only investment you *might* need is decent shoes. Otherwise, lace up, and get out there!!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Walking
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the movement that you like the most. If you hate something, even though it yields the highest calorie burns, you're not going to stick with it. Then pretty soon you've got 0 calorie burn. I love hiking and have access to some great hiking trails. I love lifting and have all that I need in my basement. Those are two things I love and am motivated to do. I have no idea how many calories I burn in a workout, but my cardiovascular endurance and physical strength are awesome.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a 5K run before work. It takes about a half hour and burns 275 calories or so.

I could burn the same walking at 3 MPH for about 90 minutes or in about 40 minutes on my stationary bike.

Honestly, it's all in what you like and what you'll keep doing.
  • mars19712015
    mars19712015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Walking is one of the best forms of exercise :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    agree with walking !
    also check out fitnessblender,com they have HEAPS of workout videos for all levels, plus a lot of their videos also show the average calorie burn ( just an estimate mind)
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Walking would be good! Just remember to wear proper running shoes to prevent blisters.

Are you a member of a gym? My gym has some really great fitness classes for beginners, that are aimed just to help them with their day to day tasks. One of them is called functionality fitness for example. So maybe that could be something you can look into.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Walking 10 miles burns me close to 1000 calories :+1:
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Walking for about an hour, running for about 30 minutes or so. Walking is how I got into running (Always wanting to go faster).
  • fat_destroyer1
    fat_destroyer1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Furious m*st*rb*tion...

the chafing dear god the chafing yea maybe once or twice is ok but
  • nixonshaun
    nixonshaun Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Strength training is important, muscle continues to burn fat even when you aren't working out. Kuutio, google "why should women pump iron". Dr. Jory writes a great article geared at overcoming the fallacies of women bulking up when lifting weights. there are numerous weight training videos out there, my wife and I also newbies to everyday fitness, have just finished 90 day Body Beast program by beach body. I lost three inches around my waist in 90 days. That impressed me.