Healthy snacks for movie night

Options
Well, I guess they dont really have to be healthy.. Just somewhat low calorie. Looking for ideas aside from fruit =)
I have 400 calories left over and a movie to watch so lets hear it!

Replies

• Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like to make popcorn it gives me my salty, crunchy & tasty all for some pretty low calories. I don't add butter or cheese but it is 130 calories per ounce including the oil. I use Country Harvest pre-made packs but there probably isn't a big variation out there with other brands. On a few occasions I actually ate a whole 4 oz batch which is a pretty big bowl and that was 520 calories but I just did that for my supper/snack all at once and it didn't hurt me on the scale and boy was it yummy :tongue:
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Popcorn ... 100 cal packs... natural packs (lime is good)
  • Tressa_T
    Tressa_T Posts: 19
    Options
    Those 100 calorie mini bags of popcorn are quite tastey!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    small box of raisinetts...150 caloris.
  • chicka200413
    Options
    It might be weird, but I always bring a baggy of cheerios to the movies!
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Jelly Bellies! 30 for about 150 cals! I love to eat them slowly and savor the unique flavor of each!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    My husband makes popcorn and I have Pirates Booty white cheddar puffs. They are all natural and only 140 calories per oz. I eat 1.5-2oz when it's movie night. They are so good, they taste better than Cheetos!
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My first thought was STRAWBERRIES, then you said no fruit.

Smartpop 100 cal popcorn is good too.

Roasted edamame is pretty good (Seapoint, 1/4cup = 130 Cal)
  • louisvillelady
    louisvillelady Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Lowfat cheezits or pretzels .
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good & Plenty, Hot Tamales, and red Swedish Fish for the candies :)
  • spgipson
    spgipson Posts: 20
    Options
    I make homemade pimento cheese....low fat cream cheese with cheddar cheese (not the whole brick of Kraft) and a large jar of pimentos....just spread it on celery and believe it or not sprinkle with just a touch of cayenne pepper....gives it a little KICK...it keeps the "crunch" value instead of chips....
  • Mmmarcie
    Mmmarcie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If I watch a film at home I make home-made "potato chips". I take few slices of Krakowska kielbasa ( polish sort of cold cut sausage), some spices and put that in microwave oven for a cuple of minutes. It becomes very crunchy, just like potato chips :bigsmile:

I use the one made of chicken, so it's low fat, but I think you can do it with any cold cut.
  • Mmmarcie
    Mmmarcie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: