Fitbit Charge / HR vs Amiigo

Options
1 2 3 GO !

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I recently upgraded to the Fitbit Charge HR from the Flex. It has a secure buckle, a display, and a heart rate monitor. I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months thanks to MFP + Fitbit. By definition, my Fitbit burn is TDEE.
  • hokualahou
    hokualahou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never had a Fitbit, but I love my Amiigo. They are a horrible company to deal with but made a great product.
  • lovechattys
    lovechattys Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have both. I got the Amiigo first. It took a year to get. Customer service is non existent. The shoe pod fell off some where on my vacation (will be $50 to replace, so I've heard. Can't get reply from company on wait time to replace). It takes FOREVER to sync to the app (we are talking hours sometimes). But I'm gonna keep it for when I swim.
    Had the Fitbit Charge HR for two weeks. It syncs fast! Heart rate seems pretty reliable (check a couple of times after workouts with my blood pressure monitor), can't say for sure about during workout. It syncs with MFP without any problems so far. I have read that people swim with theirs, but I don't want to risk it. I love mine, wish I would have saved myself the trouble and got it first!
    That's my two cents. Good luck.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Had the Fitbit Charge HR for two weeks. It syncs fast! Heart rate seems pretty reliable (check a couple of times after workouts with my blood pressure monitor), can't say for sure about during workout. It syncs with MFP without any problems so far. I have read that people swim with theirs, but I don't want to risk it. I love mine, wish I would have saved myself the trouble and got it first!

Some people swim with the Fitbit Flex—not the Charge HR! I don't understand why, since non-step based exercise like swimming must be logged (either in Fitbit or in MFP). The Charge HR is water resistant, but not waterproof. It must be taken off for showering & swimming.

Also, Fitbit customer service is amazing. And Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.
  • lovechattys
    lovechattys Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I geuss I should have been clearer. I know that Fitbit Charge Hr says it's only water resistant. But when doing my research I came across people who claim to swim with. And that is why I said I wouldn't take the chance.
    I haven't had to use their customer service yet, but am very glad to hear it is great. Because after dealing with Amiigo for over a year trying to get my device, I don't want to have to go through that bad service again.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    But when doing my research I came across people who claim to swim with.

I've never swam with it on purpose. However, I have accidentally swam with it when I forgot to take it off and went kayaking. Maybe 10 minutes submerged, plus lots of splashes. I've also forgotten to take it off before going into the shower. It hasn't been affected.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I've gotten into the shower with my Charge HR on, realized, taken it off, and immediately dried it with a towel. No problem.

But it died once after washing my hands. I found the reset directions at Fitbit.com, and it was fine.