New guy. How you folks doin?

Hi, Im Ryan. Started looking in to losing weight a little while ago and Ive seen tons of references to MFP so here I am. Im from PA, and currently right around 212lbs at 6'4.

Lil about me, I got out of the military in 2013, roughly 220lbs. The following june (2014) me amd the old lady split up (all her fault) and I felt like it was time to get my life together. This included getting back in "single guy" shape cause by then I was up to 242. By january 2015 I was down to about 230 or so, and enrolled in college. So on the right track. It was kind of a fluke though, I wasnt actively trying to lose weight. So recently I decided to take it seriously (weighed in at 225 when I said "lets do this"). I never thought Id see the underside of 220 again, but Im workin at it. I gave up soda (monster energy addiction), and started tracking macros. By the way, for a cut like a lot of us are doing, I was told by a trainer buddy to go to a 50/30/20 split (p/c/f). Basically helps me not lose whatever muscle I have. So its been going good. By next week I should see other side of 210 (I may cry, cause its been like 5 years since that happened even in the military). I dont work out at all, I just try to stick to my diet. Next week when I see 209 Ill finish setting up my home gym so as the fat falls off I hope to get some definition.

But ya, thats my attempted fitness life. If theres anyone who wants to team up for motivation and accountability let me know. I know its easier foing it with friends.

My biggest vice : beer. I wont eat a carb all day if I know Im drinkin that night. I still go over calories, but not horribly.

Best of luck to everyone, stick with it, hit me up if you wanna talk stuff over!

Replies

• Nikkelly72
    Nikkelly72 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi Ryan! Congrats on getting so close to your goal. Good to know about the 50/30/20 rule. For some of us newbies (or getting back into this thing-bies), that's a goal to shoot for. Thank you for your service as well.
  • ryanvango
    ryanvango Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! I dont think I mentioned goal which was a failure on my part, but im shootin for 180. Bout halfway there! Good luck to you, and it was a pleasure!