Animal Magnetism - Week 1 of the True Blood Challenge

Options
RAWR!! Let's go team Animal Magnetism!!

Let's brainstorm and see which areas we feel strongest in, and which areas are our weakest. What do you think??

WE CAN DO THIS!!

((( This is part of: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/248172-true-blood-weight-loss-challenge-week-1-closed )))

Replies

• cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this!! Hopefully with the team effort I can get some of this fat off my butt! haha
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    Let's do this. My challenge head is on, especially as my sister in law is in a different group, now it's a competition ha ha ha.

Here's to a good first week
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Go team. I love this challenge. If anyone can find things in my diet I need to change let me know!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Go team!
    Looking forward to snapping out of my 8 month plateau.

Suggestions welcome!

:drinker:
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am super excited about this challenge. I look forward to getting to know everyone better.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It looks like we are off to a good start! *YAY* I love it!

Let's push our selves a little here. Let's meet our goals, break some plateaus, and kick some rival team butt. *giggle*

I am good on water. I drink a lot of it. For the last two days I have been having flu like symptoms, but my head is in the game and it is not time for bed rest just yet. (though I tend to graze when I feel like this *bites lip*)

What are your choice exercises? Where can you use more support and motivation?

I have a wide variety of exercises, and have recently come to terms with no HIIT until my knees say it is okay. So other than that you will see a lot of Walking, Yoga, Pilates, Wii, Weighted Hula Hooping ...

I am so easy to motivate. :laugh: I am not picky Way to go can get me fired up, a personal touch in the comment that says I this is what I think maybe more so! I try to be upbeat and think positive, but hey we all have our moments huh? :ohwell:

So let's win this thing!! *RAWR*
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We WILL win this thing!!!!! Go Team!!! :smile:

I cant get the picture to post in my signature...how do I do that? When i follow the link its been deleted :sad:

Also, here is our list of teammates!
    allimax2002
    AngelsKisses75
    bthurmon
    cassie6803
    christinalin
    cobylea
    craft338
    dhammond5
    DJ31
    fdobbins77
    iamthepreston
    kayakangel
    kittybitz79
    LISAROEBUCK
    littlemisskitty24
    lparsons88
    sarahbear1981
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I hope I win the steak knives.
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
    We WILL win this thing!!!!! Go Team!!! :smile:

I cant get the picture to post in my signature...how do I do that? When i follow the link its been deleted :sad:

Also, here is our list of teammates!
    allimax2002
    AngelsKisses75
    bthurmon
    cassie6803
    christinalin
    cobylea
    craft338
    dhammond5
    DJ31
    fdobbins77
    iamthepreston
    kayakangel
    kittybitz79
    LISAROEBUCK
    littlemisskitty24
    lparsons88
    sarahbear1981

Don't forget shaindi, & readytoowhere

[*img*]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/khartman22/TrueBloodChallenge/team_animal_smaller.jpg[*/img*]

Copy the above link, paste it in an open area in your signature box, and then delete the *'s :flowerforyou:
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
    true-blood-joe-manganiello-vanity-fair-italy.jpg

tumblr_l7mki9EThM1qzwburo1_500.png

A little Roaring inspiration! :drinker:
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't any problems with exercising. Im currently doing C25K and hope to be able to run a 5km in September! Once in awhile I need a little nudge to get off the couch but I feel great once I'm working out. My trouble area is food, I LOVE food!!! I do really good with my calorie intake and whoops!...totally fall off the wagon.

Im really looking forward to participating in this group and hope that Im able to learn lots as well. :happy:

I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • dhammond5
    dhammond5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So excited to be in a challenge that's based on my favorite show. I am such a trubie, which means I totally have to win this! My goal is to try and get down to my high school weight by the end of this which is ten pounds. URG! Not sure if I can do it.

I sometimes need some help with getting excited about working out, but once I start I'm geared up and ready to go. It just sometimes takes a push. I have been working out at school, but the quarter is up in a week, so I got Zumba for the wii. Hopfully with the teams help school coming to an end will help me stay focused and reach my goal!

Go Team!
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Super excited! I'll post more when I have a bit more time! We WILL rock this challenge!
  • RocketsGirl75
    RocketsGirl75 Posts: 648
    Options
    hey guys! I am looking forward to an awesome challenge!! :happy:
  • RocketsGirl75
    RocketsGirl75 Posts: 648
    Options
    I hope I win the steak knives.

LOL!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hey guys :bigsmile: add me if you haven't already!!

my strengths are eating all my fruits n veggies. i usually do well with food challenges. not so great in the exercise area, but i could do half hour of walking or the stationary bike a few days a week... :ohwell:

anyway, i hope team animal magnetism has a great week!! i'll definitely see you around!! =)
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I started the 30 day shred today, just for you guys! :wink: I've also been doing C25K-type interval walking/running, and I kayak 2 or 3 times a week. My diet's pretty good with fruits and veggies, though I'm usually over on sugar, but not overall carbs. I haven't been doing this very long, so I have plenty of pounds to lose, and I've very motivated to do it. I just increased my goal weight loss from 1 lb /wk to 1.5 lb /wk - gotta pump up the volume! Gotta be in good shape for a trip to North Carolina the second week of June: 9 days of kayaking and primitive camping on the French Broad. Paddling 12-17 miles/day, we'll cover 120 miles. I'm a tough country girl with a Type A personality - we will WIN this!!! Looking forward to getting to know you guys, and can't wait for the return of True Blood! :happy:
  • AngelsKisses75
    Options
    Oh what an awesome team we have here!! ROCK ON! YES!

I was able to burn 436 calories!! WICKED! This is going to be great fuel for me!

I cannot wait to get to know everyone!
  • readytoowhere
    readytoowhere Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! i believe I have been added to the team...but i dont have the updated list w/ me on it :/
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    Morning all, well typically the day our challenge starts I went a little over on my calorie goal for the day. So I'm up and on my way to the gym. I think I may end up being slightly out of sink with everyone, as I'm based in London, so I'm up and about 5-6 hours before everyone else.

Confession time, I haven't even watched the first series, but plan to this weekend when we are away for a long weekend break in the malverns, where I plan there to be a lot of cycling, running and long walks topped off by some true blood in the evenings.

So Apologises now if I seem absent from the chat's at the end of this week.

I have just found my motivation for the gym and am slowly getting into running 5K regularly, plus cross training, Zumba, cycling and newly discovered kettle bells. My inspiration to get thinner, is I don't want to be fat at 33, & this is the last year I'm going to keep adding on a year. I have a family holiday to Florida at the end of august and I don't want to be embarrassed in a swimsuit & I want my skinnier wardrobe to fit me.

I need to remember my water at yesterday was quite bad. Here's to a great week everyone