Newbie Needing To Lose 80pounds

Options
jmeyers300
jmeyers300 Posts: 16 Member
Hi, my name is Jessica. I am seeking some motivational support and general online friendship for weight loss help. I was 180lbs 3 years ago when I started dating my husband. I would like to be 160pounds before we have a kid together but I'm very self conscious of my body and I hate going to the gym since I might see someone I know there and I don't want people to see me the way I am. My husband is a toothpick and I'm a pear. I hate seeing the large difference in our sizes and I don't want to have as many health problems my mom has because of her weight. Plz help me so I can help myself.

Replies

• patricialt1126
    patricialt1126 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica... Good luck- you can do this! You took the first step and that is getting an account on MFP! I started on January 2, 2015, and I have lost about 40 lbs. YOU CAN DO THIS! And I have done it all without going to the gym--- I work out, but not at the gym! I am going to friend you as I would like to lose another 38 pounds or so... OH! And I completely relate to the skinny husband comment!
  • jmeyers300
    Options
    Thank you! That's great! I have fitness DVDs three dogs and I'm a full time student and I know I have the time I just don't make time. I'd love to know more about your weight loss journey so maybe it might help mine! And thank goodness I'm not the only one. Haha.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I know it seems like your goal is so far away. Make sure to have a solid plan in place and stick to the 3 keys of Fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. Feel free to add me!
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    welcome! Theres somethin magical about this app and Im very thankful for it- I started 38 days ago at 350lbs and now Im 338. Slow and steady the weight is dropping. Logging my food is fun and I can see where I need to tweak or cut back. The diary is fun because I can kick myself in the butt by writing "notes to self" lol. The community is awesome and seeing how many calories Im burning after exercise helps push me to my goal to be under 200- without surgery. Please add me if you want- I have an open diary. One piece of advice- Be honest with your food diary- and log the correct amounts. Best wishes!!!
  • sonyasue77
    sonyasue77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to lose the same. I just started and my husband is in good health and fit. He works out all the time. I'm lazy and eat my emotions! I just started at the suggestion of my doc to lose the weight. Not good! But I'm optimistic and good luck! :)
  • jmeyers300
    Options
    I love this site and app already. And I do the same thing violetlemon but I haven't figured out how to put the note to self in a diary yet! And that's great! I'm 238lbs and want to be 180lbs by next summer or earlier would be better since I have no patience when it comes to seeing results. What will usually happen is I'll go to the gym for one week and go for 3-4hrs or so every single day but then I won't see any results so I give up or I'll ask my husband or my friends a bunch if they can see even a small difference and ask if they want to go to the gym with me orgo on a walk they will say yes but won't follow through.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have about 80lbs to lose so feel free to add me if you want. I do go to the gym, but until my daughter joined last week, it was a bit hit and miss. I'm from the uk.
  • xomarxdx310
    xomarxdx310 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can certianly do it. Just be very motivated and never give up. I know sometimes it can get hard but just see it through because in the end youll be happy with yourself and what you accomplishee. Add me :)
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ive been going to the gym since october and just seeing results now. previously when i was in college i was going to the gym 5 days a week for a year and dropped only 5 lbs. (may have been putting on muscle mass, when i stopped because I broke my ankle i got "fluffier" and stayed a similiar weight) Exercising is not just for weight loss but in general its good for your health. try to look at it that way. you dont need to do 3-4 hours at the gym. you'll burn yourself out. But do cardio for a half hour and strength train. You wont bulk up if thats something you fear and putting on some muscle will help burn more calories at rest.

I bought a scale that measures body fat %, muscle % and water%. My body fat finally dropped 2% and i lost 5 lbs. i also try to measure my inches and record them. i havent lost any inches BUT i did notice my collar bone is showing a little more. It's a slow, fustrating process.

But I know a ton of people that go to my gym and i RARELY run into them. then again i tend to go late at night. but screw them. you aren't doing it for them. you are doing it for yourself!

I'm going to add you :)
  • jmeyers300
    Options
    You all are so amazing and more supporting then most people I know. I'm glad I downloaded this app and decided to post. If I do lose weight it'll be because of my efforts but my efforts wouldn't be made as easy if good people like all of you weren't around.

I hope I loose some kind of body mass in a couple months or a year. My husband and I are planning to have a baby in a year or two so that's how long I have to lose 80pounds or more. I'd like to be the hourglass I used to be 3yrs ago.