craving bad food!

Options
i still have over 800 calories left for the day, didn't skip meals and i'm a little hungry. problem is, this isn't a hunger like i could satisfy with an apple, or a strawberry...this is a hunger for s'mores, chocolate, popcorn, chips, dip, cheese! what can i do to take down this craving? what is a good food to eat at this time that maybe is OUTSIDE the fruits and vegetables realm.

PLEASE HELP :( im going to go take a shower and hope that this crazy craving goes away

Replies

• KelseyRae200
    Options
    Cant help you too much on fighting the craving, but i had the worst craving today for a Big Cheeseburger, Fries and Chocolcate. It was an Awful time!
  • cassiejoyy
    cassiejoyy Posts: 82
    Options
    Eat a 100 calories pack of popcorn, or you could try rice cakes, I love those. Or they have some pretty good 90-100 calorie pack things you can buy that taste YUMMY! Or you could make your own pita chips, or tortilla chips! (:
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    When I feel like this I drink a few glasses of really ice cold water, then some green tea, and it can help calm my cravings down a bit. I also keep sabra hummus (any kind) and carrot chips on hand-it is tasty and feels like I am eating something like chips and dip.

Also-almonds sometimes satisfy my "junk" food craving-sometimes the lightly salted ones do the trick!
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Omg I love all those foods that you listed you were craving lol! I try to be good and eat something like yogurt, a handful of pistachios, graham crackers and fat free peanut butter, pudding.
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    chocolate skim milk always helps with a sweet tooth
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    I get those too and yes they're TERRIBLE! Why don't we crave fruits and veggies, haha!

I try and grab a bottle of water and go for a walk when the craving hits. Otherwise another good option is to have some of those 100 calorie packs or FiberPlus or FiberOne bars on hand... that does wonder for me, chocolate, peanut butter and fiber - YUM :)

And these days they have so many different varieties. It might help... much better than giving in to the craving or thinking nonstop about all that is naughty!

Hope this helps!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    [from a Hungry Girl cookbook]
    I mix some fat free cream cheese
    with some sugar free cool whip
    splenda
    cinnamon

Makes a yummy dip that I eat with a crunchy apple.

Tonight I broiled a Joseph's high fiber mini pita [couple mins on each side]
    Sprayed with non fat butter spray
    sprinkled with splenda & pumpkin pie spice

Low cal.. warm and yummy.
  • TamaraRamirez
    Options
    I feel that! Some that work well for me when I have junk-food cravings are 40 calorie sugar-free Fudgesicles, sugar-free Jell-o with a little light whipped topping, light popcorn with 0 calorie spray butter (fantastic!) or a small baked potato with 35-calorie Laughing Cow light garlic cheese wedge, or even kosher dill pickles.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My guitly pleasure is Jello sugar free double chocolate pudding. (I have to watch my sugar intake). This seems to comfort my junk food cravings. Good Luck, it's not easy.
  • cassiejoyy
    cassiejoyy Posts: 82
    Options
    [from a Hungry Girl cookbook]
    I mix some fat free cream cheese
    with some sugar free cool whip
    splenda
    cinnamon

Makes a yummy dip that I eat with a crunchy apple.

Tonight I broiled a Joseph's high fiber mini pita [couple mins on each side]
    Sprayed with non fat butter spray
    sprinkled with splenda & pumpkin pie spice

Low cal.. warm and yummy.

Where did you find mini pitas?
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm in your situation I ALWAYS go exercise and the craving eases up a bit. Actually, its still there but I see how much exercise I did and I dont want to be counter productive so I have an easier time saying no!
  • angelquest
    angelquest Posts: 15
    Options
    The 100 calorie packs are kind of expensive, so I made my own. Grabbed my digital kitchen scale and snack sized ziploc bags, and made 100 calorie bags of Baked Lays, jerky, baby carrots, fat free pretzels, cheez-its, almonds, etc. Then I bought a cute little insulated cooler bag and put my snacks in it, and I take it in the car and to work with me. That way, whenever a craving for salty, or sweet, or crunchy hits me, I always have something that will satisfy it. I also eat them real slow and try to drink flavored water with them to help me feel full when I am done with my snack attack!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    just eat a *reasonable* portion of what you really want! you have the calories, and it will settle your craving if you eat what you are craving. i keep raw cookie dough in my fridge just for this. 1 piece is about 85 calories - delicious, naughty, and totally within my calorie range!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow ice cream treats - so yummy and only 100-150 calories. Also like the mini-bags of microwave popcorn.
  • heatherlrogers
    Options
    Have you tried "attuned eating" - it's when you listen to what your body really is craving - if it is physical hunger and not "emotional hunger", then just allow yourself to enjoy some chips and dip, and some chocolate if you like, and slowly savor each bite. This can make small amounts of food even more satisfying than eating a lot of food fast. Cravings are a challenge though.You seem to have a lot of calories left for this time of night - I wonder if your body is hungry for more food and craving quick sugary solutions?
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Its ok to have things that aren't necessarily healthy on occassion and in mederation but to prevent myslef from having the uncontrollable cravings I regularly fit frozen yogurt, churn style or no sugar added ice cream into my calories, I scoop it into a measuring cup and eat it with a baby spoon, I also make lighter versions of comfort food like pancakes, lasagna, meatloaf, twice baked potatoes, you feel like you're indulging but you're eating healthy! I love angel food cake with a very easy lemon sauce I will eventually post a bunch of recipes, when I'm not on my phone, good luck and I hope you fin this information helpful
  • daizileigh
    daizileigh Posts: 24
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH<3

hopefully i can get through this craving, i think i decided to finish my bag of cheerios that i had for breakfast and maybe indulge in a skinny cow ice cream bar! all of these recipes sound delicious and im writing them down to make this week!