Ideas for challenges?

Options
Hi,
I have just started the no junk food challenge for 21 days. Does anyone know of any other diet challenge they do or have done?

Replies

• Seigla
    Seigla Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like challenges too! Here's six that I have done:
    • Eat the rainbow every day (of vegetables) for x days
    • Eat 2+ pieces of fruit every day for x days
    • Exercise every day for x days (of course you shouldn't do the same activity every day and also take rest days; you can walk then - or else you may get injured)
    • No soda for x days
    • No candy for x days
    • No alcohol for x days
    When you're doing challenges I do suggest that you allow yourself cheat days; if for some reason you do not to do your challenge for 1 day you can skip that day and add 2 or 3 days to your challenge as a penalty. That way not all is lost if you have a day of weakness (or you have a good reason to skip a day).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie defecit whilst working out how to eat all the foods I love in the right proportions to keep me satisfied and happy challenge

Get rid of dieting fads challenge

Here's a challenge for you - define junk

:)
  • Seigla
    Seigla Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie defecit whilst working out how to eat all the foods I love in the right proportions to keep me satisfied and happy challenge

Get rid of dieting fads challenge

Here's a challenge for you - define junk

:)

Those are good challenges as well! :)

I like it that you still eat everything, just in the right proportions.

Personally, I still eat all the foods from the challenges that I mention, but because of the challenge I don't feel such a strong need for them. Now I don't buy them (soda, fast food, candy, alcohol) at the supermarket, with only 2 exceptions: when I accomplished something big or when I have guests. I also eat/drink them when I am a guest myself or when there's a special occasion. But again my need for those low nutritious foods is not so high, so I don't even use many of those exceptions.

But still I am glad that I have those exceptions. Without them I would get frustrated. I also make sure that I choose healthy foods that I like, which again prevents frustration. That way my lifestyle is sustainable.