Holy Cupcakes!! That's ME in that photo!

Options
Kwas260
Kwas260 Posts: 11 Member
I had lost close to 60 pounds - and found 40 of it without even trying...

So I'm starting fresh - again.

I'm here and will support anyone else struggling with a tendency towards "sugar therapy".
Looking to find healthier ways to deal with stress and could use some encouragement.

It's so easy for me to have an all or nothing attitude. I think the trick to this could be not thinking of it as a diet or short-term issue. But to accept that I have food issues and take it one day at a time like any other addict. Paying attention, logging honestly and using a more positive attitude towards myself has got to be better than self-loathing and stuffing the frustration down with a cookie and milkshake chaser. :p

Replies

• babysteps108
    babysteps108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay strong... I have failed so many diets so I started my live longer for the grandchildren journey today...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    healthy ways to deal with stress: go for walk, bubble bath, yoga, meditation, read

and if you truly feel like it's an addiction, I might suggest trying your local Overeaters Anonymous. See if it fits. If not, just keep on with your weightloss. As you were
  • scottiesgirl1
    scottiesgirl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You have done it before and you can do it again! This is a good place to come for support, I mean no one would be using this app if we were all perfect right?
  • CoffeeSlayer
    CoffeeSlayer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kwas248 wrote: »
    I had lost close to 60 pounds - and found 40 of it without even trying...

So I'm starting fresh - again.

I'm here and will support anyone else struggling with a tendency towards "sugar therapy".
    Looking to find healthier ways to deal with stress and could use some encouragement.

It's so easy for me to have an all or nothing attitude. I think the trick to this could be not thinking of it as a diet or short-term issue. But to accept that I have food issues and take it one day at a time like any other addict. Paying attention, logging honestly and using a more positive attitude towards myself has got to be better than self-loathing and stuffing the frustration down with a cookie and milkshake chaser. :p

It is a lifestyle forever change. Once you accept that and strive to be the best you things fall into place. I had been successful in the past losing weight, but I was just focused on losing. Now I am focused on health, nutrition and fitness. You have to find the right balance to make it sustainable. The best thing I ever did for myself was actually forgiving my past weight loss mistakes. Everyday you have a chance to be a better you. Good Luck!