Hang over tummys

Options
chrisssiex23x
chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
Ok ladies i need to see some success stories on that over hang bellies. I have a c section 2 years ago now. Ice lost 75lbs and still going. I workout. I walk and i work aswell. Please tell me it does shrink a bit more? Or pull up so its not so hang over. How do i train it in more?

Picture of successes would be awesome

Thank you in advance x

Replies

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just ladies? Aw man, shucks!
  • chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Guys can add in too if they wish lol. I was more aimed at c section mummies lol
  • amy102875
    amy102875 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hope so! I've lost 50 lbs. about 20 more to go. It's gotten much smaller, but still a hangover. I haven't had a c-section, but I have had 4 big babies that have caused a lot of stretching there!
  • Annalynch1989
    Annalynch1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, well I am back here after really falling off the diet wagon big time following a split from my now ex partner. I did end up losing so much weight prior to this that my c-section overhang, quite literally appeared to lift from its original position. Unfortunately, I stopped dieting and my overhang came back... I was informed by the doctor that the stretched skin allows the excess fat to hang obviously due to gravity, and that if I continued to lose the fat, I would eventually also lose the overhang. So apologies that I have no pics to show, I do however intend to use the good results I did have previously to get back to where I was at and lose the pesky 'apron' for good!
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I had a hangover belly since before my c section lol...in fact I've had that issue since before I was even overweight...:(
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 5 now, and mine is no worse now than it was before I was pregnant. My biggest issue was actually posture. I'd gotten in the habit of not sucking in my gut after 9 months of not being able to, so the simple mnemonic of going back to pants with a belt (instead of my beloved yoga pants) was enough reminder to hold my core together to eventually get back to the way things were... I have cellulite on my stomach now that I'm working on, but the bulge is mostly gone.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 5 now, and mine is no worse now than it was before I was pregnant. My biggest issue was actually posture. I'd gotten in the habit of not sucking in my gut after 9 months of not being able to, so the simple mnemonic of going back to pants with a belt (instead of my beloved yoga pants) was enough reminder to hold my core together to eventually get back to the way things were... I have cellulite on my stomach now that I'm working on, but the bulge is mostly gone.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    When I read hang over tummy I thought we were talking about that time I made my fiance pull over 5 times on the way home from Atlantic City.
  • christmaseve70
    christmaseve70 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My sis had 3 csections. Ended up having to get tummy tuck as she lost weight, weight trained and did cardio. Nothing helped the overhang. Depends on the elastin in your skin
  • mAmaBear912
    mAmaBear912 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After two pregnancies, I developed the mothers apron.. And I have recently lost 144lbs! It use to hang over way over my panty line and then finally started to pull in to where there's nothing hanging at all. It just takes time and work. It also helps to do an exercises alot
  • mAmaBear912
    mAmaBear912 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After two pregnancies, I developed the mothers apron.. And I have recently lost 144lbs! It use to hang over way over my panty line and then finally started to pull in to where there's nothing hanging at all. It just takes time and work. It also helps to do ab exercises alot

• chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Yes mines hangs over my underwear too lol. Even thought if i dod my pelvic floor excerise when the midwives told me too i wouldnt have been do bad lol. Oh well. Ive p90x3 so ill see how it goes in 60days time. I hope i get that far lol
  • hello130s
    hello130s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @chrisssiex23x Might be "diastasis recti"…look that up…that's what I have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!