Success with Stability ball as chair

Options
vdeepu17
vdeepu17 Posts: 30 Member
Anyone has success using a stability ball as chair at work? Is it healthy for your neck and shoulders?

Replies

• missjsmne
    missjsmne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump Would like to use one also
  • ashleyemiller14
    ashleyemiller14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just bought one today because my posture at work is so bad. I'll let you know how it works!
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Right now I use a standing desk and have a stability ball chair that is on a base with wheels (Gaiam balance ball chair, if you are interested) that I use for an hour or 2 in an 8 hour day. I like it a lot :smile: It's helped a lot with core strength/stability, although I have a tendency towards bad posture and still have to remind myself to correct my shoulders/neck.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I bought one. It didn't help with stability or core, but I use it wrong and still slouch. I think it comes down to will power, not the chair. That said, I have a boney bottom, and it is infinitely more comfortable to sit on than a regular chair, as long as you don't mind having no back support.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I bought a stability ball for my height and used it one day. I loved it, except my desk sat too high for my height on the ball, so I barely use it.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I had one and loved it. So did my cats. I don't have it any more
  • vdeepu17
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies. I will try using it and see how it goes. Iam thinking there will not be armrest and that might hurt my shoulders. Guess I have to try it once to test.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    One thing i'd like to point out. A coworker of mine used hers at work for many months, and loved it. But had to give it up, due to insurance/liability reasons. If you work in an office environment, you may want to check with HR or office management, to make sure that it is ok to use. There may be issues if you were to fall off/get tipped off/ball break, while on work premises.
  • TekellaMBird
    TekellaMBird Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    makes for an awesome gaming chair... :D
  • vdeepu17
    Options
    One thing i'd like to point out. A coworker of mine used hers at work for many months, and loved it. But had to give it up, due to insurance/liability reasons. If you work in an office environment, you may want to check with HR or office management, to make sure that it is ok to use. There may be issues if you were to fall off/get tipped off/ball break, while on work premises.

Aha didn't think about that. That's a good question to ask HR. Thank you.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time at home instead of sitting on my bed
  • Anna334
    Anna334 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just bought one last week and I had trouble with it. I almost slid right off. My husband seeing this said nope your going to hurt yourself and immediately deflated it and went to bed. How he knows me so well because as soon as he went to bed I filled it up again and tried to do several exercises. I was not steady at all on it and decided to return it. Maybe just not the right size for me and or not ready to use it. Damn! those you tube videos they always make using these things effortless LOL. Hope you have better luck using it than me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!