Eat whatever you want and still lose weight?

Options
JAMsMom13
JAMsMom13 Posts: 20 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
So, I find that the only time I don't lose weight is when I don't eat what I want. I am a firm believer in eating what ever the heck I want just in moderation! I'm down almost 20lbs so I must be doing something right! I am looking for friends who share this belief because it seems like everyone is on this no sugar, no salt, no fun lifestyle. I can't live like that... I won't. So, if you are in the same boat and have been successful or even if you are just starting out, please add me!

Replies

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, too. :)

If you normally net over 1,200 calories a day, feel free to add me. I find it really hard to be supportive of people with really low intake. I normally average about 1,900, with a wide range day-to-day.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Amen! If I tried to cut "junk" out of my diet, I wouldn't lose weight...because I wouldn't do it. My diet would be over as soon as a fast food drive thru came into view. Love the scale pic, by the way. Can't wait till I can take one like that. ;)
  • JAMsMom13
    Options
    Amen! If I tried to cut "junk" out of my diet, I wouldn't lose weight...because I wouldn't do it. My diet would be over as soon as a fast food drive thru came into view. Love the scale pic, by the way. Can't wait till I can take one like that. ;)

Well I'm glad I'm not alone! This is something I have to do for the rest of my life! I will only do it if I enjoy it. So, bring on the skittles, bacon, and pizza! If I have a little when I want it, I won't binge when I need it.
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Totally eat what I want. 55 pounds down!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Me too!!!!!! Right now, I'm eating an ice cream! Hope you all don't mind if I add you, I need like minded people on my friends list! :) I'm down almost 30 pounds.
  • Stephlamon89
    Stephlamon89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I stil eat what I want, just with more water/veggies/fruit. I'm only in my first month but I'm down 10lbs.
  • lauradenslinger
    lauradenslinger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to eat mostly fresh and home cooked and just stay within the macros that I set. I still eat pretty healthy, about 80/20 , or else my workouts would suffer. But I'm not afraid of bread and other white carbs anymore . I think that IIFYM is a really good way of eating especially for people who have/had binge eating issues.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I had cake for breakfast the last few days. I'm doing Jessie Hilgenberg's home muscle building program, and it can't be done on 1200 calories. Usually I'm around 1700-2000. Feel free to add me.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I personally know someone (she lives in Maryland) who lost 100 lbs on the "Macaroni & Cheese and Chocolate Chip Cookie Diet." Yes, she ate what she wanted (macaroni & cheese, and cookies) and lost weight. Unfortunately you can't keep that up as a healthy eating routine and she regained. With more health issues. So yeah, you can eat WHATEVER you want and still lose weight, but that doesn't mean you will keep it off or be healthy. It's the moderate intake part that is really doing it for you... and that's a simple version of why many are overweight. They can't moderate a certain kind of food, or just food in general.
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm with u, I eat what I want but also notice I have been making better choices BUT I definitely eat that ice cream if I want it. I just make sure I have room for it. N Mexican n sweet tea n cake. :) this works for me bc this is a life style change n I'm slowly making changes that work for me!
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would say add me but I am too busy chewing on my caramel chocolate bar. Nuff said lol. Add me xx
  • JAMsMom13
    Options
    I would say add me but I am too busy chewing on my caramel chocolate bar. Nuff said lol. Add me xx

Bwahahahah!! Consider yurself added!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I personally know someone (she lives in Maryland) who lost 100 lbs on the "Macaroni & Cheese and Chocolate Chip Cookie Diet." Yes, she ate what she wanted (macaroni & cheese, and cookies) and lost weight. Unfortunately you can't keep that up as a healthy eating routine and she regained. With more health issues. So yeah, you can eat WHATEVER you want and still lose weight, but that doesn't mean you will keep it off or be healthy. It's the moderate intake part that is really doing it for you... and that's a simple version of why many are overweight. They can't moderate a certain kind of food, or just food in general.

Right. I wouldn't take it that far. There's nothing that I love so much that I would make it my all-day-every-day food, anyway.

• slbale
    slbale Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's what I like about this app, I can eat whatever I want, but I've really learned what keeps me full longer. I don't snack non stop anymore because I'm satisfied. If I really want to indulge, I exercise more to earn the calories. I'm down 21.8 lbs in 11 weeks!
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yup eat what i want and still lose weight! I just cant give up my tostitos and queso blanco dip lol plus i don't feel it's necessary to scrutinize every lil thing you put in your mouth. If you deny yourself it i believe it makes the urge to binge stronger so why put yourself in that position. Im down 20lbs since i started and 15 of those lbs are from tracking with mfp. So if you want add me. I dont leave my diary open because of some negativity i received when i started and they are now gone but know that i too enjoy my loaded waffle fries and other "junky" stuff as well so you are not alone. Add me if you want.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just had some iced coffee with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and caramel syrup for lunch. Last night's snack was very salty crackers with a lot of cheese. I eat whatever I want as long as it fits my daily calorie allowance and leaves room for stuff that has a little more nutritional value (e.g. breakfast was whole wheat toast with avocado, cucumber, a hard boiled egg and bacon, dinner will be a salad with chicken breast, afternoon snack is a banana).
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I had a cookie ice cream sandwhich last night. and it was delicious

I ate it because it fit in my calorie budget and I wanted it. badly
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey I eat what I like as long as I am within my calories I've lost a stone so far and hope to lose two more, I need to exercise more though I just don't get time, add me please :D
  • cgamblemfp
    cgamblemfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the same mind set. I struggle enough anyway and cutting out certain foods would be a nightmare for me! I think if it fits in my calories it's fine :-) Although there still needs to be some amount of moderation and variety.

Feel free to add me; my diary is open for friends to look at.