Options
    today bean and kale soup , a hard boiled egg and a cheese string
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My lunches are a variation on a theme but today's was:

leftover veggies that I cooked in microwave
    cous cous
    cottage cheese (yeh, I mix this with the cous cous, it's sooooo good!)
    greek lemon yoghurt

snacks were:
    baby tomatoes
    apple
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I made a chorizo, red pepper and sweet potato tortilla last night and microwaved it at work. It was the best idea I've ever had. *nom*
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Today I packed a Banquet chicken patty on a skinny bagel. I haven't had crappy Banquet chicken in years. I couldn't resist. :D
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I preferred to snack at my desk today since I woke up craving fruit.
    10:30 am 1 banana
    11:15 am 12 small strawberries
    12:00 pm 1/2 cup blueberries
    and soon I'll have a 2 cups Special K Red Berries cereal with 1 cup 2% milk because I absolutely love that stuff.

• KeriEdmonds
    KeriEdmonds Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had trouble for ages making up lunches that didn't involve bread! In the end I got lunchboxes for me and my fiance with compartments. In the largest compartment I put little gem lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, and a cooked chicken thigh. Then in the smaller compartment I put a babybel light, 6 ritz crackers, and 10 grapes.

It's filling and varied, which are the two big problems we face with a 'good' lunch.
  • terrenceobrien1
    terrenceobrien1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of Tomato lentil stew. It lasts 10-12 days in the refrigerator. I usually combine it with some steamed broccoli and peas in a 2 quart pyrex bowl. Minimal effort, and convenient.

28oz Can no salt stewed tomatoes
    (2) 28oz cans no salt tomato puree
    1.5lb lentils (cooked seperately)
    1c medium grain rice (cooked seperately)
    1 container tomato basil Mrs. Dash
    2 8oz cans mushrooms
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    kathdela wrote: »
    I bring snacks and breakfast in mine so today I had-
    Breakfast - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, and mango fruit bowl
    Snacks - String cheese, jell-o temptations lemon merainge pie
    Lunch - Roast beef sandwich with thin provalone cheese on village hearth light bread (80 cals for 2 slices) and garlic herb pita wheat thins with Tribe Medeterranian style hummus

What do they put in that bread to make it so low calorie?

• dbomb76
    dbomb76 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1 container of this:
    • 1 cup of brown rice
    • 1 cup black beans
    • 6 oz Tilapia
    • 2 tbsp fat free sour cream

2 cans low sodium V8

Another container with this
    • 1 packet of instant oatmeal
    • 1 scoop whey protien
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mine vary, but today:

Breakfast: English Muffin w/ light butter
    Snacks throughout the day: Protein Shake (100 cal), carrots/guac, deli roast beef
    Lunch: 2 cups brocolli and Turkey meatballs
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Julienne salad with no dressing, a banana and a greek yogurt. YUM! :)
  • firie5205
    firie5205 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Morning Star Farms Chik Patty, Baby Carrots, Roma Tomato and a Colby Jack Cheese Square. I tend to flex what my main item is but it's normally two veggies and a dairy plus whatever is my entree.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Most days I bring whatever is leftover from last's night dinner.

Today, that happens to be a salad topped with leftover grilled salmon because there weren't any leftover sides.

Today I'm having leftover spaghetti with meat balls
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I usually eat grilled chicken. Grill it up on the weekend and use it in a variety of leftovers for lunch or dinner. Quick and easy & the most healthy option. Yesterday ate grilled chicken with steamed cabbage. Sometimes will put grilled chicken in a wrap with lettuce, tomato, cheese & sour cream. Usually grilled chicken with 1/2 sweet potato or brown rice & maybe mixed vegetables or green beans. Today was grilled chicken with grilled onions & broccoli & cauliflower. You get the point. I even keep frozen veggies in my fridge at work to keep on hand if I didn't have any sides left over. Steam them with a little water in the microwave. Done!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I like to bring leftovers most of the time. Tomorrow is gnocchi with roasted broccoli and a veggie ragu sauce that I made for dinner tonight. Otherwise, it's usually salad or a sandwich.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas, thanks for asking the question OP. I know you said you give leftovers to your husband for his lunch, but I'm wondering if you could cook extra so there would be enough for you also to take leftovers? That might be something different once in awhile. I love leftovers because it makes decision-making easy. lol

My old standbys to take to work for lunch are some combination of:
    -- cheese stick or babybel
    -- salad
    -- hard boiled egg
    -- lunch meat roll-ups (with cheese inside)
    -- raw veggies and hummos
    -- yogurt
    -- cottage cheese and fruit
    -- nuts
    -- melted cheese sandwich -- basically I toast it so the cheese melts then eat it cold. I know that sounds weird but I like it.
    -- leftovers when I have them

I only work part-time though (substitute teacher) so I don't have to deal with this decision every single day.