Need motivation!!!

Options
Hi my names Ellie and I am recovering from a 2 and a half year struggle with an ED. While I gained weight and stopped being underweight, I have unfortunately gained more than 30 lbs in the last 9 months due to binges. I need people to motivate me and help me get back to a healthy weight without the bad habits. :)

Replies

• XxStrengthInNumbersxX
    XxStrengthInNumbersxX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything Ellie :) Eds are tough and I'm glad to hear that you're recovering. Stay strong, you can do It :)
  • reazzouz
    reazzouz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! X :)
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Work from the inside out. Take time to dig deep and change your mindset. Read some good books and have people who can keep you on track. Hang in there and take it one day at a time.
  • aBlueCrayon
    aBlueCrayon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! Yes! I gained 20 pounds recently myself and I'd really like to peel them off. As much as I'd love to snap my fingers and have the weight magically disappear, I know that won't happen- but it'd be nice! :wink: So I try my best to exercise daily, some cardio to stay healthy and weight lifting to build muscle, all the while burning some fat! I'd recommend a sport or some class though that sounds fun to you if that's possible. I find it nice to meet new people with similar goals or who are at least motivating in person, plus I get to learn new things!

Anyway, my biggest enemy in my weight-loss journey is myself. I love enjoying my life way too much to want to seriously crack down on my weight. I do my best every day taking small steps. It took me awhile to find healthy breakfast meals, then I started working on my lunches, then snacks, etc.. Nowadays I find myself eating healthier, but I refuse to guilt myself over taking a bite of something off my regiment or enjoying the occasional social drinks. Sometimes though, I even try to go for a walk for the extra room in calories if I know I'm going to cheat.

I'm confident in how I'm doing, it might not be ideal for someone else, but I am losing weight and I'm still happy. I don't let my meals control my life, I let them supplement it instead as much as I can.

And I can say, you don't need to buy books or even a food scale. The scale is helpful, yes, but don't let it become an obsession. As for books, you have a free resource called the Internet and this lovely app/website here for friends and motivation!

Good luck on your journey friend, remember your health is important and so is your happiness too!
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in recovery from an ED please add me I will support you