Overnight weight loss...

Options
Have you ever weighed before you go to bed and then weighed the next morning before breakfast. How much did you lose?

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Can be as much as 3 kg's - always amazes me.....
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    2.6 from yesterday morning to this morning. :)
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    As many as 3 pounds...so awesome to go to sleep one weight and wake up lighter!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've lost as much as 7lbs overnight (and kept the 7lbs off). I have a weird way of losing weight, I think. LOL I tend to lose it in chunks.
  • natashaamee
    natashaamee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    3-4lbs.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    yeah, and then I measure for two consecutive days to make sure it's right!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,247 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is all water (breathed, perspired and urinated out) and food gone in any bowel movement you might have first thing in the morning. The changes can be quite large, which is why the general suggestion is weigh yourself first thing in the AM following going to the bathroom but before eating or drinking anything. After that point, once your weight throughout the day will go up because of what you eat and drink.
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great I though I was wierd when I woke up 3 pounds lighter..LOL
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OMG!..This just happened to me today...i thought something was wrong with my scale. I talked to my nutritionist 2day and she said it might have been water weight..so who knows but i was extremely freaked out. I lost 4lbs from yesterday
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Ususally about 2 pounds.

Have you ever woke up and GAINED? I have -- I must be sleep-eating or something! I sure hope I am enjoying those nights! LOL
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I generally lose 3 pounds overnight. Of course, most of it is water weight and I have to pee alot!! lol
  • heidi_pittman
    Options
    Yeah, I've lost & I've gained. I've found that if I eat ham or anything with a ton of sodium, I always gain in my sleep.. That makes for a bad morning..
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    About 2 for me, very consistently.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I would like to know how this is possible. Anyone want to share with me?
  • JohnPotterII
    JohnPotterII Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did that exact things this morning and was down almost 7 pounds. I thought I was dreaming.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal, I lose up to 3 lbs but more commonly 1-2 lbs. It's not all from urination and bowel movement though. If you think about it, you sleep 8hr (or try to) and you are effectively fasting but your body still needs energy to be alive though not as much as while awake (that basic amount is your BMR). So some of that weight is also just your bodily function costs.
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    Yes, it is all water (breathed, perspired and urinated out) and food gone in any bowel movement you might have first thing in the morning. The changes can be quite large, which is why the general suggestion is weigh yourself first thing in the AM following going to the bathroom but before eating or drinking anything. After that point, once your weight throughout the day will go up because of what you eat and drink.

Mine wasn't just water weight - I kept those 7lbs off (and heck.. they are still off - along with a lot more "7lbs"). Like I said, I lose in large chunks. I lost 4lbs this week and for being VERY close to my ideal body weight for my build (and at my goal weight) - that is HUGE.
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I would like to know how this is possible. Anyone want to share with me?

I have no idea how it happens, but I can tell you that it does. I've had it happen to me many times in this journey. And I always keep it off. I'm really unsure what happens - but it DOES happen (and it isn't all water weight).
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I don't usually weigh at night, but when I have, I'm pretty consistently 2-3 lbs. more than my morning weight.