Any Fit, Busy Moms want to take their fitness to the next level?..

Options
amyrichard34
amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm a working mom of 2 little ones who makes fitness and clean eating a priority. I'm not always perfect but I'm looking to connect with others who have the same attitude. I'm at my goal weight and workout just about everyday. Currently doing a running program to work up to 10km and training for a Tough Murder in August. Would love to connect with people who are motivated and loving being active. Not looking for anymore people who whine about not wanting to get off the couch but then complain about being fat and not seeing the scale move. I want to hear about all the positive stuff...new PB times,new challenges, old injuries that are long gone... Anyone???

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm a busy mom of 2 little boys, and working out and getting in shape is very important to me as well. I'm training for the savage race in October. :-)
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids and work full time--I was a former athlete and in the Navy. I would like to bring down my half marathon time to before I had kids but not sure if that is realistic! I lift and run aprox. 30 miles a week.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom of 2 little ones who makes fitness and clean eating a priority. I'm not always perfect but I'm looking to connect with others who have the same attitude. I'm at my goal weight and workout just about everyday. Currently doing a running program to work up to 10km and training for a Tough Murder in August. Would love to connect with people who are motivated and loving being active. Not looking for anymore people who whine about not wanting to get off the couch but then complain about being fat and not seeing the scale move. I want to hear about all the positive stuff...new PB times,new challenges, old injuries that are long gone... Anyone???

Here! Love your attitude. I am at goal weight but don't weigh myself anymore. I lift 3x and run between 3 and 10 miles 2-3x a week. I have 5 kids between 2 and 11 and I homeschool as my job ;) I get up at 4.45, grab coffee, go through my to do list/emails/news, meditate by 5.15, workout 5.30-6.30, every day but one rest day. I have been in a routine for almost two years now so this is not a short term thing.
  • amyrichard34
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies..sent friend requests to you all. Going to purge some of the slothy, negativity on my news feed!
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of an 11 month old girl. I have lost about 22 pounds and am back at prepregnancy weight and would like to lose about five more. I do a HIIT circuit class twice a week and lift 3 times a week and the baby and I take walks pretty much daily. I love getting stronger and increasing my endurance. Would love some positivity in my news feed!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I'm an unfit busy WAH mom becoming fit. ;)

I'm doing some SWORKIT and the 30 Day Shred currently--exercising 5 days total. I also have a treadmill desk that I walk (VERY slowly) at.

I have 3 kids, 2-12. Homeschooler, too.
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not fit but I'm working on it! 4 pounds from my goal weight. Got a few events coming up that I want to be in shape for, mainly so I can ENJOY them! A Tough Mountain Challenge in my area in July, walking a marathon in October and a noodle relay race at an alumni meet in December (this is more of a vanity thing, I'll be honest! My son and husband are the swimmers. ).

I run (slowly) 5 days a week, walk or hike with friends in prep for the marathon every weekend. Once summer is over I plan to meet with a trainer (we have health coaches at work) to get help coming up with a plan to use weights at home. For the summer though, I'll use that time relaxing in my kayak instead.

I'm a lurker on these boards because I'm afraid to post! So much negativity... I would love a positive, safe place. I love that some of you are homeschooling! I homeschooled my two children until my son's freshman year and my daughter's 7th grade year when they both decided to abandon me. I went back to work full time then. My son is finishing his junior year, my daughter her freshman year. I miss them everyday! Lol
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two. I lift 5-7 a week and do cardio 4-5 times a week. I'm not perfect either but subscribe to the 80/20 philosophy and it helps to keep me happy and on track. I'd love some ladies focused on the end result and not just the number on the scale!
  • amyrichard34
    Options
    I think I'll try to create a group when I have a bit more time. Anyone else in?