Switching from Weight Watchers

Options
dzyne923
dzyne923 Posts: 1 Member
Hello! I'm new to My Fitness Pal. I'm in the process of switching from Weight Watchers and was pleased with all this sight had to offer. Seems very similar to WW and I like the convenience of the iPhone App!! I've lost about 70 lbs on WW and am to the point I don't want to pay the $40 a month to be a member. I like it, but I think this will be just as good so any advice or words of wisdom are welcome. Still trying to figure out how many calories to allow myself and how or if I should eat my calories burned for exercise to keep loosing weight.

Replies

• amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 70 pounds! And welcome to MFP!
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a former WW'er too.... I'm having more fun and better results here with MFP and the peeps! Good Luck!!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did WW also and lost 150lbs. Then I got pregnant with my 4th child and then when I started back and lost a little got pregnant with my 5th. Soooo, with all those kids, I found no time to go to the meetings and doing it online just seemed like a waste of money and I love the fact that this is free and so far I've lost 28 pounds and it's working. Just instead of points, just keep mindful of your calories. You will do awesome. :)
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I tried WW last year and did not like it. I love this site. It is easy and there are lots great people to talk with and bounce ideas off of. There are also challenges galore which for me helps me focus and stay on track. Hope you enjoy the site and great job on the 70lbs down!! You can friend me if you like and if you should do a search for battle of the bulge in the message area and check out our summer challenge.
  • kchris125
    kchris125 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new to this site too and so far i'm loving it. I have done WW in the past and almost went back but tried this site based on a recommendation from a friend. I'm also not a big fan of the new WW point system. This site has been awesome! I prefer it over WW and I'm still amazed at how supportive everyone here is. Please feel free to add me. Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck on your journey!
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I signed up for WW for 12 weeks and I am just now in my 10th and really wondering if I wanted to continue...You all might have helped me make up my mind. I think the key to WW might be the meetings and I do online only. It just has not brought me any more success than logging calories. Hmmmm....
  • idrinkwater
    Options
    I started weight watchers last Friday. I started on here on Sunday. I am thinking about not going back to WW because I Love this site!!!
  • steve4580
    steve4580 Posts: 32
    Options
    This site has been leaps and bounds better than WW for me. WW was good in its own way, I did lose weight and it did teach me a healthier way to eat and exercise, but it is so expensive. Why do WW when this is free and is as good if not better than WW? I also don't care for the new points system. Just let me track my calories and try to eat as healthy as I am comfortable with on any given day. I don't need a babysitter which is what WW feels like to me!
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a former WW'er too.... I'm having more fun and better results here with MFP and the peeps! Good Luck!!

Me too!
  • Kathryn72
    Kathryn72 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Over the past decade I've used WW several times (post-babies) with great success. But, at a certain point it pains me to pay $$ when I know perfectly well what I ought to be doing to lose weight. I really like not having to calculate points anymore too.

I've only been on here for two weeks. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • SassyBiker68
    Options
    Good luck.I just started yesterday. Also a former WW member. Recently quit because I didn't want to pay the $40. I also quit Curves as not to pay that and have started using my Wii again. I like that this tells you hwo many calories you have left. Pretty awesome. On my phone I found out that when Igo to input there is a little scanner beside the area where you input. If eating apackaged food with a barcode, it will scan th barcode and enter all the info. So very cool!