Always hungry on Kayla Itsines

Options
Hello! I am very active and exercise 5 times a week, three of those days being Crossfit. I normally eat 1,800 - 2,100 cals a day to maintain my weight, and I'm gluten and dairy free. I only have one gluten and dairy free cheat item a week, and I eat very little non-fruit sugars. I started Kayla itsines' workouts yesterday, and have started her eating plan today, but I am absolutely starving by now (3 pm)even though I just ate lunch. I'm also light headed and dizzy. This happens when I don't eat enough, but it doesn't make sense because it's not that many less calories than normal - probably 200-400. Any ideas to help me?

Replies

• JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Go back to how you was eating before... if it weren't broken... don't try to fix it.
  • kufambrian
    kufambrian Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go back to how you was eating before... if it weren't broken... don't try to fix it.

Ok, that's probably true. It's just that I'd like to have maximum results with her workouts, and since my normal diet is for maintenance, I don't know if I'll see much of a difference at the end of these 12 weeks of her workouts. :)
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat in a deficit then?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why are you gluten & dairy free and yet still have a "cheat" where you eat gluten & dairy?
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    +1
    If the Kayla Itsines eating plan is not working for you. Stop using it. It just does not work for you period

• RedVonMunster
    RedVonMunster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Gluten isn't bad, dairy isn't bad, sugar isn't bad, fruit isn't bad. Fearing food leads to eating disorders, over restriction leads to binge eating and giving up. That diet is clearly not working for you.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The possibilites as I see them are:
    You're eating fewer calories than you think you are on the new eating plan
    You're eating a different ratio of macros on the new eating plan that either doesn't work for you, or will take some time to adjust to
    You're burning so much on the new workout plan that you just plain need a few more calories

Either way, I think eating at a deficit in a way that doesn't make you miserable and sticking with the workout if you like it, is the best easy solution to the problem. You might want to give the eating plan a couple more days and see how you feel, if you think it would be a good way of eating for you.