Increase Calories?

Options
My goal is set to loose 1lb per week giving me 1200 calories a day. I only have a few more pounds to go and was thinking of changing my goal to loose .5lb a week so my body would get used to more calories before I move onto maintenance. Is it a good idea for me to increase my calories at this point or should I leave them as they are since I have not hit a plateau and loose consistently each week?

Replies

• CoastieGMWife
    Options
    Really its up to your body. Do you feel the need to increase or cna your easily make your goal everyday? I increased mine after seeing less than steallar results and uits one of the best things I could have done. Be true to yourself andf you'll never go worng. ;)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

great question and I've been wondering the same thing...just upped my calories this week as I am closer to my goal and want to get a feel for "maintenance" life...I can't offer any advice other than to monitor for a week or two and see what happens...that's what I'm doing...
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I was thinking of the same thing. I have like 2 lbs to my goal and wasnt sure what to do.
    Please let us know how it works.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well, it all depends on you! What you planning on eating from here on out?

If it wass me, I'd go for the goal before I would change my diet. THEN increase your diet. It's going to take you a little tweaking to get the caloric intake properly so you don't gain a lot of weight back.

Remeber a lot of people gain their weight back, after they are done dieting. You need to change how and what you eat, even after you have got down to your goal weight.

Congradulations though!