Day 10 - Starting to feel hangry.

Options
So this is day 10 of dieting (with a 2 day blip on days 6 and 7). I am starting to feel hangry in the afternoons. Take a look at my diary and tell me what I am missing? For reference, I am 5'0", 246 pounds, and my goal is 1500 cal a day.

Replies

• Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You really aren't doing terrible.

I would suggest two things:

1. Try to find food that is lower calorie but also filling. You are eating a few very high calorie items thay are pretty small in size.
    2. Your lunches seem to lack something filling. Which would make sense thay you are starting to feel hungry in the afternoons. Try adding some protein. Tuna is something that has a low calorie amount but is filling. :) good luck.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Jasmunr wrote: »

1. Try to find food that is lower calorie but also filling. You are eating a few very high calorie items thay are pretty small in size.
    2. Your lunches seem to lack something filling. Which would make sense thay you are starting to feel hungry in the afternoons. Try adding some protein. Tuna is something that has a low calorie amount but is filling. :) good luck.

Thank you for this!

I don't know how quickly I am willing to give up my sausage roll (lol), but I can cut the walnuts and cherries, and replace with tuna in my salad. This should make them more filling while adding some more protein.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Thank you for this!

I don't know how quickly I am willing to give up my sausage roll (lol), but I can cut the walnuts and cherries, and replace with tuna in my salad. This should make them more filling while adding some more protein.

The sausage roll would fill me up so I wasn't really concerned about that. Of course it is a lot of calories if it's not filling for you. I was more talking about the string cheese and animal crackers and such if I'm remembering correctly. They are good snacks when you just need a bit more but not so much if you are feeling hungry :)
  • Jess__I__Can
    Options

Thank you for this!

The sausage roll would fill me up so I wasn't really concerned about that. Of course it is a lot of calories if it's not filling for you. I was more talking about the string cheese and animal crackers and such if I'm remembering correctly. They are good snacks when you just need a bit more but not so much if you are feeling hungry :)

Ah yes, ok. The sausage roll does fill me up. The string cheese, oh man, I just love it so much, but for 100 cal for 2 sticks, its not really very filling, you're right. The other was animal fruit snacks which someone happened to give me and I was under my calories for what I already planned so I ate it, definitely not a normal thing.

Looks like its time to really scrutinize my diary and make some small changes. :smile:
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i drink a protein shake as a snack. I never thought it would satisfy my hunger but it does. its 150 calories with 16 grams of protein. (muscle milk, 1 scoop) you can always try that.

Ive been working out and eating healthier since october but in january or febuary i started drinking muscle milk and i guess the protein just helps me eat less in the long run. i've lost 5 lbs since i started drinking it
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What's your deficit at, a pound or 2 pounds? Changing it to a lower number (if you're 2#, change to 1#) and you'll have more calories to play with and probably not be hangry.
  • Jiveli85
    Jiveli85 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started eating cottage cheese in the afternoons and it really helped.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Egg whites! I cook up 3 scrambled egg whites, or 3 boiled eggs without the yolk. Its low cal, low carb and has enough protein to keep me going until dinner.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that hAngry is a cause from a dip in sugar levels mixed with hormones which women are more susceptible to than men.
    My commute home I would munch on some carrots and celery. It took the edge off enough that I wouldn't jump at my husband's throat so easily by the time I got home. It was not pretty.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary this week (other than today) you're always leaving around 200-300 calories in your "budget" at the end of the day. That's enough for an extra snack...drop it into the part of the day when you're feeling hangry..problem solved.
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    So this is day 10 of dieting (with a 2 day blip on days 6 and 7). I am starting to feel hangry in the afternoons. Take a look at my diary and tell me what I am missing? For reference, I am 5'0", 246 pounds, and my goal is 1500 cal a day.

increase your protein and drink water. Just wait a few days and you'll stop feeling that way. Your body will adjust.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Options
    Looking at your diary this week (other than today) you're always leaving around 200-300 calories in your "budget" at the end of the day. That's enough for an extra snack...drop it into the part of the day when you're feeling hangry..problem solved.

You are right. I am just so afraid to eat back exercise calories (which is what those are) because I don't trust the math.