Need to lose around 40 lbs

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Anna. I'm 25 and divorced. I need to lose around 40 lbs to get to my midway goal. I'd like to lose 80 total. I'm looking for some others with similar goals who'd like to start a motivation and support group. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am down 10 lbs in 5 days since starting back on mfp!
  • laurakelly6
    laurakelly6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes!! 10 lbs is amazing!! Keep up the hard work!!
  • sophiasmom0914
    sophiasmom0914 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome!! I need to lose 50 - I've only lost 4! I'd love to be a part of a motivation/support group!!
  • misscynthiar
    misscynthiar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow good job !
  • j_schuess
    j_schuess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good progress! I made the decision to start back at the beginning of February and needed to lose 70 lbs. With hard work and keeping my eye on the end result I have now lost 42 lbs and can fit into clothes I didn't even remember I had. Just keep slowly plugging away and you will get there and I can tell you from experience that if you need the motivation that the people on mfp will be there to help with that. Good Luck!
  • Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a great result! Good work! Feel free to add me :)
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your decision to become healthier!

The first pounds come off easy and fast but it is mostly water weight. Also, that rate of loss is neither sustainable nor healthy. Prepare to slow down and establish a plan that you can sustain.

I made a post of what worked for me, could be helpful to you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10181297/my-guide-to-successful-weight-loss
  • michellehumfress760
    michellehumfress760 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? Keep up the good work. You can friend me. I have 20 more I want to lose.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I vary my calorie intake by cycling low to high. I'm about to start using the 21 day fix container method. Feel free to add me.
  • lilbthebasedgod
    lilbthebasedgod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Anna ! I just added you. I have 40-50 pounds to lose myself, great progress so far you're making!
  • sugarcoated2015
    sugarcoated2015 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's great that you've made the decision to get healthier, I'll add you, I have like 47 lbs to lose
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have 47 left to lose. I have lost 21. I am dreading the first plateau but I will say that when I finally made the decision to suck it up and buy some decent workout clothes...it really motivated me. I felt better, even struggling those first few workouts. They are actually a little big on me now, but I am glad I made the investment in me. I'd be happy to support you. I am going through relationship struggles myself,and have decided that I need to feel better about me, and that means losing it. Happy to support you along the way.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oh, and by the way, that's not all water weight. :)