New! Hello :)

Options
hi I'm kerry,
I'm a new mom of a 16 month old boy I live on Long Island ny.
And I'm just fed up, I've gained so much weight after having my son, my stomach is literally sitting on my lap. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and it's so hard to loose weight. Can any of u relate?
Hope to find some friends!
Thanks, kerry

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Kerry!
  • kerryannkerns
    kerryannkerns Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank u
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Fran. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time. Tried all kinds of weight loss programs. I've lost and gained so many times. Good luck Kerry
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Gemma, and I'm on the 5:2 diet
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know what PCOS is, but if you need motivational support for your diet feel free to add me. :smiley:
  • kamb65
    kamb65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can relate to a lot of the above. I feel like I have started and stopped a zillion times and if I had just stuck with it I wld have made goal a long time ago. But we all need to remember that we keep starting again and that is better than giving up.
  • kerryannkerns
    Options
    Yea at times I feel like there's just no hope
    And that its to late :( but I gotta start somewhere
    Right??? Thanks guys for your support I'm here if u need me as well
  • katies03
    katies03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi I'm kerry,
    I'm a new mom of a 16 month old boy I live on Long Island ny.
    And I'm just fed up, I've gained so much weight after having my son, my stomach is literally sitting on my lap. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and it's so hard to loose weight. Can any of u relate?
    Hope to find some friends!
    Thanks, kerry

Hi Kerryann. I am in the same exact position... well besides being a mom i have hypothyroidism and PCOS and it is a struggle every day. I have been in this position up and down for like... 5 years. Only advice is just find what motivates you and stick to it. Get into a routine that you like and commit to it. I started at 222 and went down to 152, and then.... gained almost all of it back. I am recently trying again but it is a slow process with the issues that we have. Just hang in there.. and you will start to feel better.
  • 0torque0
    0torque0 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i feel for you Kerry, when my wife and I started having kids, it was an entire lifestyle change from being active to spending most of our time chasing the kid and making sure they don't put stuff in their mouth. The nice thing about MFP is the community that can relate. feel free to add me if you want.
  • kerryannkerns
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • mhdashler
    mhdashler Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry, I'm Mike. I've been on a fitness and weight loss roller coaster for several years. I started at 220, got down to 184, had a couple of kids, and am now back up to 217. My wife and I have both recently jumped back on the fitness train and are trying our best to fix our diet and increase our exercise. MFP is a great tool to use. I have connected with several people that I have never met before who help encourage me and keep me motivated. I will do the same for you (and anyone else) if you would like to add me. Best of luck to all of you in reaching your fitness goals!
  • Dontlookatmee
    Dontlookatmee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi guys :) Im new too
  • LadyArya10
    LadyArya10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry,

I can definitely relate. I had my breaking point yesterday and booked an appointment with my gyno next month to see if there is anything they can do about my PCOS. I have gained a crazy amount of weight after being diagnosed, and it's unbearable. :neutral: Did you have trouble getting pregnant with PCOS? If you want to be friends, add me! :smile:
  • kerryannkerns
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's great to know I'm not alone
  • kerryannkerns
    Options
    Hi, it took me 6 months go get pregnant but I took Clomid and hcg shots
    LadyArya10 wrote: »
    Hi Kerry,

I can definitely relate. I had my breaking point yesterday and booked an appointment with my gyno next month to see if there is anything they can do about my PCOS. I have gained a crazy amount of weight after being diagnosed, and it's unbearable. :neutral: Did you have trouble getting pregnant with PCOS? If you want to be friends, add me! :smile: