Insanity

Options
I just got the Insanity workouts by Shaun T. A friend of mine recommended it to me and it looks good so I got it. I am going to play around with it and try it out this week and then plan on fully starting the program on Monday. Does anyone who has done this already have an tips or suggestions and what were your thoughts on the overall program? Thanks for your advise and help.

Replies

• mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    it's hard to do a program that is strict like this if exercising & watching what you eat isn't part of your lifestyle arleady. don't get discouraged if it's a struggle to stay on task. I've done the insanity dvd's just as a fill in for cardio when i'm at home & can't get my workout during lunch. It's an AWESOME cardio dvd!
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    followwwwwwwwwwwww the diet plan. track your calories. 60 days of shaun t will not do nearly as much if you don't! yeah you can get ripped liek the people in those commercials...only if you EAT like them too!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity. Prepare for a lot of jumping and make sure you get some protein after workIng out.
  • crysthom
    crysthom Posts: 27
    Options
    My personal trainer started that and she said it kicks her butt! I thought about getting it, but I wasn't sure if I could do it!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I hate insanity. I honestly hated getting up to do it. However the workouts i do right now do more than he ever did for me. I would love to pick Shawn back up and try it out again. Be ready for a good butt kicking and make sure you have no injuries. As people said-follow the diet. Well just watching your cals and eating right. It will work. I have done P90x and logged cals and got great results. I am getting such a butt kicking at bootcamp I don't know if I want to add Shawn T to it. Would love to hear how it goes for you!
  • ksuhre
    ksuhre Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I loved it, but wear a HRM...it makes the biggest difference in the workouts.
  • zookeeperdrobs72
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise and encouragement.