Do you feel like fashion takes a back seat?

Options
Brandicaloriecountess
Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
Since I have been going to the gym regularly I don't do my hair or make up often. I used to do it everyday. But especially when I was in semester I just don't have time. After I leave the gym I go home shower and basically have to leave for work. Do you girls make time, or let it slide?

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I kinda go through cycles where I fix my hair and make-up for a few days.... then I think "ugh, too much effort". Then I will go no make-up (but always sunscreen) and wet ponytail for a few days... and then I think "ugh, I can do better"... and then sometimes I will dry my hair, but not curl it, and just put on lip gloss and mascara... and then I think "ugh, not enough"...

I'm hopeless! :sad:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    let it slide... the better you are health wise, the better you look anyway, so it all evens out i reckon.

as you get slimmer, you look better in your track pants and gym gear!
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention this...I find I'm letting it slide more and more now that I'm working out! No drying hair anymore- it's just easier to put it up in the morning. Plus, I find that I don't really wear a whole lot of jewelry anymore either. I'm too scared to leave it in a locker at the gym after work when I workout!

Glad I'm not the only one LOL!

Good luck to you :)
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Definitely make time! If I feel like I look nice face and hair-wise, that motivates me to do something to make my body look nicer as well.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Jerzeeblondie Posts: 236
    Options
    I feel the same way! I let it slide more often then I'd like too, but I guess in the process.. working out makes me feel better so I dont care so much how I look without the makeup... but I have to admit.. I hate not having the time to do my hair!
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    for now i'm letting it slide. i put on makeup to go to work in the AM but i come home and workout from about 3-7 at night with a dinner break. i don't have time to look good when i spend 4 hours a day with my favorite accessory on: sweat. i save the prissy prettiness for going out with a tight skirt on my hott *kitten* from all the lunges i do. ;)
  • ranilee
    ranilee Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! :smile:
    Mascara and lipgloss is about it during the week for me these days.
    I agree with zeeeb, when you are fit and healthy not just your body looks better, but skin hair and eyes look brighter to!

Good luck everyone x
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I totally let it slide but it is nice when i "dress up". I can slap on mascara and jeans and get a you look hot from my hubby:)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Unless I have an appointment I don't do my makeup. I'm unemployed so I often go to the gym and run errands. However, if I was going to work I'd be doing full face.
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    i totally let it slide, and i catch the bus/train home in the evenings in my gym gear and no makeup,something i'd never normally do.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Glad others do the same. The thing that really bugs me is my hair. Because I have naturally curly hair when I can't take the time to dry/straighten it I feel like I look lazy!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I like to think that going au natural when it comes to make-up free IS Fashionable!
    it seems like the more active I am the more I tend to use LESS cosmetics / chemicals on my body / hair / in my foods...
    it's just the healthy choice.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I found the more I lost the more time I would take in my appearance. It makes me feel good to look good. It was almost like I felt that nothing I did would matter when I was at my top weight, but now It really does make a difference.
  • cecrossley
    cecrossley Posts: 46
    Options
    When I don't feel confident about my appearance in general, I am much more likely to do my hair and makeup. I always get in the mindset that it like takes the attention away from the pounds and pounds of back fat or something.... I am a hair stylist and makeup artist, but my personal taste has always been pretty simple. I make a point of getting ready if I'm going to work since I represent myself, but on a regular basis (and especially in the summer since I have horrible allergies and makeup makes my eyes itch worse) I have zero problem going around with no makeup or my hair undone.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Not me - I put on makeup to walk the dog...heck, I put on makeup to go to the gym. I've never worn a lot of makeup but I don't go anywhere without it....running, camping, etc. And I've always been a total shopaholic and clothes horse...and now that I'm at my goal weight I enjoy dressing up even more.
  • auri77
    auri77 Posts: 39
    Options
    :cry: why is it that i cant find any nice plus size clothes... they all have some ugly print on them... any suggestions on any stores ?? i wanna looks sexy and young .. im only 33 geez.. they have clothes that make me look 50!
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    I physically cannot force myself out of the house without at least eyeliner on. Make it heavy eyeliner. And foundation. With a bit of lipgloss. And freshly flatironed hair.

I don't have a problem... :embarassed:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I kinda go through cycles where I fix my hair and make-up for a few days.... then I think "ugh, too much effort". Then I will go no make-up (but always sunscreen) and wet ponytail for a few days... and then I think "ugh, I can do better"... and then sometimes I will dry my hair, but not curl it, and just put on lip gloss and mascara... and then I think "ugh, not enough"...

I'm hopeless! :sad:

This! I do this....It's very rare for me to leave the house without my hair straightened and smooth...but I rarely wear makeup anymore except for the obvious-going out with friends, dinner, etc.

But this Monday I did my makeup and hair, got tons of compliments and then the next day...back to NOTHING. Today I made up for it by wearing some colorful earrings lol. I just don't care to spend time on it in the morning...I'd rather sleep an extra 15-20 minutes! :tongue:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I usually make time but I always, ALWAYS have to have mascara on and I have a thing about my hair, it needs to be in some style. I definitely pull it in a pony tail, but then the pony has to look good, haha! It's really fun for me rather than being a nuisance
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't ever put it on unless it's the weekend now. I walk around all day in yoga pants a a t-shirt because I workout at home in the morning and when my husband gets home from work, I go to the gym. I just throw my hair up and go....I'm sure once I get closer to my goal weight, I'll actually enjoy getting dressed and prissied up because I should have more confidence. But for now, I'm grundging it!