What was your main downfall when it came to packing on the pounds?

Options
1235»

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Ungodly portions. :( Seriously. Didn't matter what it was (though it was usually high calorie) I could eat ridiculously large amounts. Throw in totally sedentary lifestyle and I packed on those pounds. About 75 pounds over 4 or 5 yrs. I was already fat, and I became morbidly obese. I've lost those 75 pounds and am working on the rest. Feel so awesome these days.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Complacency.
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Laziness, mexican food and enjoying going out to eat way to much!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Food.
    Honestly, for a long time I only ate enough to maintain at about 190lbs, not put on, but then I was put on very very high doses of steroids so I got very hungry and started eating everything in sight for the last 20lbs! The 190lbs was from severe binging as a child. I would eat a whole tube of pringles, plus several big bars of chocolate, a few times a week. I was sad because I had no hair (alopecia) and thought I was ugly and got bullied, and I hoped I could be happy if I ate.
    But as for singular foods that I ate a lot of and didn't realise how many calories it was... pork pies. Even a little one is like 250 calories and I never knew! I also guzzled orange juice by the carton.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Food in general. I've been over weight since middle school.
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Night shift, fatigue, knee injury, laziness, wine... you get the idea ;)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    @terrenceobrien1

Congrats on the 6mos of sobriety!
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Anything consumed between the hours of 3-5.
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Southern food and portion control!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Wine, sticking my head in the sand not really wanting to think about how much I was eating, and not moving enough.

I still have wine, but now I move a lot and I know what I'm consuming every day.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Snacking without thinking.

I stopped this by asking myself "am I really hungry or am I just eating for the sake of eating?"
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Eating too much food in general.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wine. Lots of it.
    I had to stop completely for a time to realise fully how much it hinders every aspect of your mental, emotional and physical health.
    I have a few drinks (3-4) once a month now. No wine. Sugarfree alco pop things....1 bottle = 1 drink. Not the massive bucket red wine glasses I could fit half a wine bottle into.

I feel 100% better.
    Birthday is even coming up and I have opted out of "drinks with friends" for a night with my kids and partner at a nice restaurant. I will probably have a mojito or mai tai whilst there though :)
  • Heydew
    Heydew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not eating and Stress. May sound odd but I was working two jobs, being a mom of 2 under 3, and the lack of sleep I still kept packing on the weight! I would end up killing a bag of candy at my evening job instead eating real food. The stress (or a better word would be anxiety) was keeping me awake at night cuz my mind would just go to awful places and I would get barely any sleep. After no sleep and constant working and trying to make time for my kids it was a crazy life for a minute.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    We only get one?
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Too much mexican food, pizza, oreos and dr pepper. Way too much.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

eating anything and everything
  • KeepRunning27
    KeepRunning27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh man where to begin??? Going out to dinner way to often. Enjoying way too many mixed drinks at restaurants. And definitely drinking way too much coffee and lattes because I was in school. Had no idea how much sugar and carbs was in that crap! Lack of working out. I was able to eat anything in sight without gaining weight. Then my senior year in high school I developed a terrible habit of not eating. So then when I started eating I found all this extra weight over the course of a couple years
  • alleolala
    alleolala Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Boredom eating and portion control. Stopped keeping anything in my desk drawer at work, and started paying attention to what a portion actually means... got me down to here. Now I'm here because I need to figure what else to change to get rid of the last few pounds!