Calories in Chicken legs and drumsticks, help!!!

Options
JPCP30
JPCP30 Posts: 9 Member
I'm confused, what is the difference and why is one 78 calories and the other one 175?

Replies

• LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    is one with skin or without skin and boneless or bone in
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but they're tasty!
  • JPCP30
    Options
    Without but why is there such big gap between the two
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Is it because the drumstick is the bottom part of the leg and the leg includes the thigh also?
  • JPCP30
    Options
    Well at first that's what I thought but chicken thighs are usually around 150 calories so it would more than 175 calories for the leg and thigh. Smh.. I guess I'll just put the one with the highest calorie to make sure I don't go over my calories
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    is one with skin or without skin and boneless or bone in
    All of this, also cooked vs raw, and if cooked any number of prep and cooking methods can create discrepancies, also could just be differences of weights between 2 different birds' legs. No 2 chickens are exactly alike.
    Adding "usda" to your search of "chicken leg, skinless" along with cooking method (or raw) and weight will likely yield you better results.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When certain foods get hard to log, i just stop eating them
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    man I'll tell you what I do to make it pretty easy (I'm sure it's not 100% accurate but it seems pretty close)

pull your meat (I always use a mix of white meat, dark meat, and skin that I pull from a bird)

weigh it

and search for:

Chicken - Meat and skin, cooked, roasted
  • dbomb76
    dbomb76 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    man I'll tell you what I do to make it pretty easy (I'm sure it's not 100% accurate but it seems pretty close)

pull your meat (I always use a mix of white meat, dark meat, and skin that I pull from a bird)

weigh it

and search for:

I do this but, I weigh it first, then eat it and weigh what's left over.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    dbomb76 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »

weigh it

and search for:

I do this but, I weigh it first, then eat it and weigh what's left over.

haha yeah I usually weigh out 4-8 oz, toss the rest in the fridge, and CHOW DOWN