New Here & Ready to Recommit

Options
Hey everyone! Well, I have struggled with my weight since I was 11 years old. I gained 55 pounds after college, which is a lot on my petite 5'3" frame. I was able to lose most of the weight on Weight Watchers about 3 years ago, but in the past few months, my weight has been creeping back up and I want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control again.

Right now, I feel just awful about myself for letting myself gain weight again... and I am sick of my clothes being tight, being disgusted about what I see in the mirror, not wanting to go to social events and hating looking at pictures of myself. I want to feel good and look good again!

This site seems pretty resourceful and user friendly, so I am glad to have joined. 2 days down and I'm taking it one day at a time :)

-Jill

Replies

• jbabchak
    Options
    Hey everyone! Well, I have struggled with my weight since I was 11 years old. I gained 55 pounds after college, which is a lot on my petite 5'3" frame. I was able to lose most of the weight on Weight Watchers about 3 years ago, but in the past few months, my weight has been creeping back up and I want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control again.

Right now, I feel just awful about myself for letting myself gain weight again... and I am sick of my clothes being tight, being disgusted about what I see in the mirror, not wanting to go to social events and hating looking at pictures of myself. I want to feel good and look good again!

This site seems pretty resourceful and user friendly, so I am glad to have joined. 2 days down and I'm taking it one day at a time :)

-Jill
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have similar goals to you and I am also only 5 feet 2. Welcome to this board. There are helpful people here that can answer many of your questions and are a great support. In the last 2 months, I have managed to lose 8lbs just with my new habits and lifestyle change. You will have to make this your new commitment. But slow and steady pace wins the race. One day at a time. Good luck. We are all here together!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you!

You can do this. Food is not worth controlling your life anymore.

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    WHOOT!
  • jbabchak
    Options
    Thanks guys! I need all the support I can get!

:happy: